Zombie Cop is a 1991 American action comedy horror film.
A police officer participates in a drug raid and comes across a voodoo sacrifice. In the ensuimg scuffle, our hero and the priest are both killed. However, the Dying Curse of the priest leads to both coming back from the dead, and continuing their battle!
This film contains examples of:
- Abandoned Warehouse: Dr. Death's lair is in one.
- And the Adventure Continues: The film ends after Dr. Death is taken down, with Gill taking on more criminals.
- Arch-Enemy: Robert Gill has Dr. Death, the voodoo priest who zombified him.
- Big Bad: Dr. Death, the voodoo priest who killed and resurrected our hero.
- Disney Villain Death: Death is thrown off a cliff and impaled on a branch.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Subverted; Dr. Death seems to be avenging his brother, but that's only because said brother was a valuable asset of his, not any kind of care.
- The Fundamentalist: Death is a fundamentalist voduist, with plans to zombify all the children of the area so they don't fall into sin.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Combination of Voodoo Zombie and Revenant Zombie, since they're resurrected by Hollywood Voodoo, but retain their mental faculties.
- Job Title
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: A cop returns from the dead to battle the voodoo priest who killed him.
- A poster for the 1991 The Pit and the Pendulum is seen in Death's apartment.
- Gill is buried in Morningside Cemetery.
- A criminal tells his partner "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!
- One guy is seen wearing a Maggie Simpson shirt.
- The Sociopath: Dr. Death, a voodoo priest that intends to zombify a school full of children to cleanse their parents' "sins", despite being a drug dealer and Serial Killer himself. He doesn't even care for his brother, whom he ostensibly wants to avenge, only mentioning him as a useful tool.
- Would Hurt a Child: Most of the victims in Dr. Death's first killing spree are children.