Mankind Survived... But Not Alive.
Zombie Apocalypse is a 2011 horror film made by The Asylum
, staring Ving Rhames
, about a group of people trying to survive a Zombie Apocalypse
, and get to a safe refuge known as Catalina. Along the way, they lose members, gain members, and have to fight off zombies.
Tropes relating to Zombie Apocalypse include:
- Black Dude Dies First: Justified, in that among the first group of living people show is just made up of two black men and one white woman, and the one black man gets killed when he gets swarmed, and then the next person to die further on is the other black man. Also, in an inversion, the last person to die on screen is black.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Downplayed example when Cassie tells Ramona that she's her "Pee Buddy", before they wander off to use the bathroom. When Ramona asks about it, Cassie explains that whenever one goes off to use the bathroom, another comes to watch their back, in case of zombies, always. Up until their groups ran into each other, Cassie was the only woman in the group, which Ramona gets the implications of. But, as Cassie says, beats being caught by a zombie with their pants down.
- Dwindling Party: Zig-Zagged all over. The movie starts with three, only to lose one, yet join with four others, lose a member, two others are split from the rest, who find three more, lose another, rejoin with the other two, and then lose two more by the end.
- Guns Are Worthless: Not exactly worthless, but guns have that annoying tendency to bring every other zombie to one's location.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's about a Zombie Apocalypse.
- Involuntary Group Split: When a bunch of zombies cut off a couple of members of the group, this happens. They do rejoin the rest, thankfully.
- Let's Split Up, Gang!: In an inversion, a number of smaller groups join forces to better their chances of survival.
- Men Are the Expendable Gender: The movie follows a total of ten characters, six men and four women, and by the end, only one of the men has survived alongside all four of the women.
- Never Split the Party: The group try to keep to this idea. Tends to do okay, other than in a few occasions.
- Raising the Steaks: There are a pair of zombie tigers. Unlike human zombies, they drag prey into hiding to eat.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Some of the survivors use compound bows and crossbows as long-range weapons. Reason is simple - after one kills the zombie, one can retrieve the arrow. Also, they are quiet weapons.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Exactly What It Says on the Tin.