Young Lady Chatterley II is a 1985 American softcore film. It is the sequel to the 1977 film Young Lady Chatterley. It was directed by Alan Roberts, and stars Harlee McBride, Sybil Danning and Adam West.
Lovely Cynthia carries on the romantic heritage of the Chatterley Estate. Her desire is to discover her perfect lover. She invites American anthropologist Professor Arthur Bohart, Jr as her house guest, but he is more interested in a naked ride that predates Lady Godiva's that he believes took place on the estate.
Cynthia's First Love Robert arrives at estate for a visit, bringing with him his sister Judith and her teenage son Virgil. Cynthia's hopes to reignite her affair with Robert are spoiled by the fact that he has joined the priesthood in their years apart. The deeply repressed Judith is looking to stamp out anything she regards as lustful or immoral behavior she sees in others. She, however, is due to have a life-changing encounter with the gardener Thomas.
Meanwhile, a local mogul is looking to acquire the state to build a nuclear power station. After Cynthia refuses his offer to purchase the estate, he seeks to drive the estate into bankruptcy so he can buy it at auction. Cynthia and her allies have to come up with a plan to save it.
Tropes used in Young Lady Chatterley II include:
- Absent-Minded Professor: Professor Arthur Bohart, Jr. A historic anthrolopologist, he is so wrapped up in his work that he not only fails to notice the nubile Lady Chatterley coming on to him, he even fails to notice when she is having sex in the backseat of a car behind him.
- Agony of the Feet: After Lady Chatterley turns down his offer to buy the estate, Beechum becomes so frustrated that he kicks the wheel of his car and breaks his foot. At the end of the film, Lady Chatterley thwarts his scheme to drive the estate bankrupt so he can purchase it, and he angrily kicks a rock; breaking his other foot.
- All Women Are Prudes: An unhappy marriage has left Judith extremely uptight and sexually repressed. She not only denies her own sexuality, but she pushes her brother and her son into joining the priesthood to keep them away from the evils of sex.
- Auto Erotica: Cynthia and the Count have sex in the back of her limousine as it is being driven back to her estate. Carl the chauffeur notices; Professor Bohart doesn't.
- Bed Full of Women: By the end of the film, Virgil has all five maids in his bed at the one time.
- Defiant Strip: Lady Chatterley undertakes a nude public horse ride (a la Lady Godiva) across the estate; recreating an exploit of one of her ancestors as part of a scheme to save the estate.
- Did You Just Have Sex?: After the deeply repressed Judith has liberating sex with the gardener Thomas, she walks past Cynthia and Robert. Her hair, which had been up in a Prim and Proper Bun, is now loose and tumbling past her shoulders, and she has swapped her full coverage clothes for a sexy red dress. Cynthia knowingly comments on the effects of the healthy country air.
- Embarrassing Tattoo: Jenny the maid has a tattoo of a rose on her butt cheek that Thomas the gardener is very keen to see.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: Everyone on the Chatterley Estate—owners, staff, guests—has plenty of guilt-free sex with multiple willing partners. About the only one to miss out is the Absent-Minded Professor who is too focussed on his research to notice all of the sex going on around him, even when he walks in on a couple during the act.
- Fake Aristocrat: Beechum hires an actor to pose as a wealthy French count to romance Cynthia to keep her distracted from his scheme to steal the estate out from underneath her. The actor eventually comes clean when he realises exactly how underhanded Beechum is being
- Faking Engine Trouble: The Count pretends his car has broken down so that Lady Chatterley will give him a lift and he can begin his seduction of her.
- First Love: Robert was Cynthia's first love (and first lover). She is overjoyed when she learns he is coming to visit her estate in England. She is shocked to discover that he has joined the priesthood in their years apart.
- Interrupted Intimacy: A Running Gag is that every time Cynthia and Thomas are about to get intimate, someone arrives to tell Cynthia there is a visitor who needs to see her urgently.
- Intimate Marks: Jenny the maid has a tattoo of a rose on her butt cheek that Thomas the gardener is very keen to see.
- Letting Her Hair Down: The extremely uptight and sexually repressed Judith has her hair wound up in an extremely tight Prim and Proper Bun. After her liberating sexual encounter with Thomas, she lets her long blonde hair flow free.
- Mock Millionaire: Beechum hires an actor to pose as a wealthy French count to romance Cynthia to keep her distracted from his scheme to steal the estate out from underneath her. The actor eventually comes clean when he realises exactly how underhanded Beechum is being.
- New Old Flame: Robert was Cynthia's First Love, and she is overjoyed when she learns he is coming to visit her estate in England. She is shocked to discover that he has joined the priesthood in their years apart.
- Prim and Proper Bun: The deeply repressed Judith wears her hair in an extremely tight bun until an explosive sexual encounter with Thomas results in her Letting Her Hair Down.
- Public Exposure: Lady Chatterley undertakes a nude public horse ride (a la Lady Godiva) across the estate; recreating an exploit of one of her ancestor as part of a scheme to save the estate.
- Saving the Orphanage: The developer Beechum wants to turn the Chatterley Estate into a nuclear power station. He discovers a delinquent tax bill dating back to the reign of George III, and uses this in an attempt to force the estate into bankruptcy so he can buy it at auction. Lady Chatterley discovers that if the estate is given National Trust status, then the tax bill will be waived. She demonstrates the estate's historical importance by recreating a naked ride undertaken by one of the estate's previous owners.
- Sex Is Evil: This is what Judith believes. An unhappy, failed marriage has left her incredibly repressed, and believing that no good can come of sex. She not only abstains from sex herself, but she pushes her brother and her son into joining the priesthood to 'protect' them from the evils of sex. It takes a life-changing sexual encounter with Thomas the gardener to change her mind.
- Sexy Priest: Cynthia learns that her First Love Robert has joined the priesthood. She makes it her mission to get him to at least reconsider his vocation (although she does say she would not stand in his way if it really is his calling). One of her maids remarks that a man like that becoming a priest is a criminal waste.
- Stocking Filler: All of the maids on the Chatterley Estate wear suspender belts and stockings under their uniforms (and no other underwear). The deeply repressed Judith is revealed to be wearing stockings and suspenders under Hot Librarian outfit when she succumbs to Thomas' seduction.
- Strip Poker: Cynthia and the Count play a game of strip chess as part of an elaborate seduction.
- A Threesome Is Hot: Not long after losing his virginity, Virgil invites Eunice to his room. When she gets there, she is shocked to find that Jenny is already in his bed, and Virgil beckoning her to join them. After a moment's hesitation, she does so. By the end of the film, Virgil has all five maids in his bed at the one time.
- Two-Person Pool Party: Cynthia is lamenting her sexual frustration while taking a bath. Her maid says she would do anything to make her feel better. And proceeds to do so; right there in the tub.
- Vapor Wear: The maids wear stockings and suspenders but no other underwear beneath their uniforms.
- Watching the Reflection Undress: When Cynthia starts stripping in the back of the limousine (and then starts having sex with the Count), Carl the chauffeur is watching in the rearview mirror. He nearly drives off the road several times.