Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose is a 1987 television film produced by Hanna-Barbera as part of their Superstars 10 series of syndicated TV movies. The film stars Yogi Bear and other H-B characters like Boo-Boo, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw and Snagglepuss as members of a tour of the famous Spruce Goose. While looking in the plane, it magically takes off, sending the gang on an outrageous adventure. With their stowaway friend Bernice accompanying them, the gang must watch out for the Dread Baron and Mumbly on their magical adventure.
This film contains examples of:
- Berserk Button: Bernice tells the gang she doesn't like it when she's called a Tomboyish Name like "Bernie".
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: To save the animals on a sinking ship, Yogi gets the gang to believe in the plane's cargo doors.
- Didn't Think This Through: The Spruce Goose comes across a stranded ship with animals and Yogi decides to tow them to land. They do this by tying ropes to the top of the ship's doors, which inevitably pulls them open and causing the ship to start sinking.
- Expy: Dread Baron and Mumbly are these to Dastardly and Muttley. Paul Winchell even uses his Dastardly voice for Dread Baron. The characters are first seen at Dastardly's plane from Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines.
- Hollywood Natives: The movies' portrayal of island natives is rather sketchy as it depicts them as comedic thugs.
- Island Help Message: Dread Baron and Mumbly write it at the island where the heroes meet them.
- Little Stowaway: Bernice
- Random Events Plot
- Refuse to Rescue the Disliked: Dread Baron and Mumbly have to convince the good guys they're no longer evil or the heroes won't rescue them.
- Tomboy: Bernice
- Vote Early, Vote Often: When the heroes vote over rescuing Dread Baron and Mumbly or not, each side gets 8 votes in spite of there being only 10 voters.