A 2001 movie by Mexican director Alfonso Cuarón (of Gravity and Harry Potter fame) which also launched the careers of actors Gael García Bernal (The Motorcycle Diaries, Mozart in the Jungle) and Diego Luna (Rogue One). The title means, (more or less), "And yo momma too." Two boys go on a trip to find a beach called Heaven's Mouth. Yeah, it's a wild goose chase, but they're really going to have sex with a beautiful woman.
This work contains examples of:
- Bittersweet Ending: After they give in to their feelings and have sex with each other, Tenoch and Julio's friendship falls apart and they never speak to each other again, outside of the chance encounter in the epilogue, and Luisa dies of cancer. On the other hand, Luisa spends the last month of her life at a beautiful seaside, happy and content — the whole reason she went on this trip in the first place..
- Circumcision Angst: Subverted, Julio calls Tenoch a faggot and tells him to blow up the balloon.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: Before the events of the movie, Julio and Tenoch screw their girlfriends like crazy. Then it's revealed later on that they've been screwing each other's girlfriends like crazy. And then once they go on their trip with Luisa they screw her like crazy. It isn't until they try to screw each other like crazy that things go bad...
- Fanservice: Everyone gets naked. A lot.
- Gag Penis: "I may be a faggot, but at least I don't have an ugly dick."
- The Grunting Orgasm: Both boys when they're jerking off into the pool.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Tenoch and Julio, who are best friends and very close, to the point of mutual masturbation sessions. And then later subverted as it turns out they were attracted to one another.
- Hypocrites: When Luisa brings up the possibility of the boys' girlfriends cheating on them, they get quite defensive despite the fact that the whole trip is to have sex with Luisa. But when they find out that they screwed each others girlfriends... Whew boy! Reaches some kind of climax when, towards the end, the boys speculate that their girlfriends are probably screwing around on them on their holiday, but by that point they're over the whole thing and just laugh it off.
- I Banged Your Mom: The trope is right in the title.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Luisa gives one to Tenoch and Julio, calling them on their bullshit and foreshadowing that they really want to screw each other.
- R-Rated Opening: In the very first scene we are treated with a shot of Tenoch having sex with his girlfriend.
- Shout-Out: Charolastra means, roughly, "space cowboy." Also one to ThunderCats. Also, in the first scene a poster for Harold and Maude (another movie that features a romance between a young man and an older woman) can be seen hanging above Tenoch's bed.
- Wham Line: "Did you hear about Luisa?...She died...Cancer. She had it all over. Right there in San Bernabe, a month after we left...She knew all along." In other words, Luisa didn't walk away from her marriage because of her husband's infidelity. It was because she wanted to spend her final days on the beach. (Her crying spells probably had nothing to do with her husband either.)
- Also, Luisa gets a Wham Line of her own earlier in the film, after describing her first love. The boys ask what happened, and jokingly suggest that her husband stole her away from him, but she simply replies, "He was killed in an accident." Also a good example of Mood Whiplash, in-universe and for the audience.