The fifth Wrong Turn film, released in 2012.
The cannibal brother trio has moved on from the abandoned sanotarium, and now live with their kin named Maynard, who is teaching them how to be proper cannibal hunters. After Maynard is captured by the law, the brothers stage a siege on a half-empty town.
This film has examples of:
- The Bad Guy Wins: Maynard and the hillbillies kill most of the characters and capture Lita, most likely to kill and torture her.
- Bad Samaritan: Maynard is introduced by having him hide a woman hunted by the cannibal brothers, only to kill her himself.
- Big Blackout: When the hillbillies invade the town, the first thing they do is take out the phone tower and sabotage the power plant.
- Continuity Nod: While berating the brothers, Maynard reminds them that they don't live in an abandoned hospital anymore.
- Decoy Protagonist: A favorite trope of the series. This time around it is Cruz and Billy
- Demoted to Dragon: The hillbilly brothers, who take orders from their kin Maynard, who's the Big Bad (albeit a Non-Action Big Bad).
- Death by Sex:
- Averted by the cop and random girl, who have sex in a car but survive.
- Subverted with Lita, who has a pulse when the movie ends... but probably won't live much loner.
- Ear Ache: The cannibal trio incapacitate a deputy by shooting arrows into his legs, and torture him by cutting out his ears.
- Eye Scream: Maynard convinces Lita to let him out of his cell by promising that she'll be left alone. Once out, he immediately turns on his promise and stabs her eyes out.
- Failure Hero: Unless you count Maynard getting jailed, none of the protagonists come anywhere near hindering the hillbillies.
- Fanservice: The film features three sex scenes, one of which involves two random characters we never see again.
- Final Girl: Lita. She had a pulse when the movie ended at least...
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: The film happens during a music festival which is held during Halloween.
- Never Bring a Knife to a Gun Fight: Inverted. Despite having guns, the heroes become constant victims to the ones with the knives.
- Sadistic Choice: Maynard and the hillbillies leave the sheriff tied up in such a way that if she lowers her feet, she'll trigger a shotgun and blow her head off, then set the police station on fire, thus leaving her with the choice of burning or shooting herself. She ultimately goes with the gun.
- Title Drop: One of the girls asks an officer for help, saying that she made a wrong turn. Then they have sex.
- Your Costume Needs Work: A bitchy reporter who runs into Three Finger in the opening segment assumes he's just an obnoxious teenager wearing a crappy costume for the upcoming Mountain Man Festival, and gives him the finger. Then he slices it off.