A band of no-good punks beat a guy for driving too slow and steal his mechanical pencil, before arriving to pick up their missing member Jamie, the son of the man they've just beaten. Twist! Has the Rare honor of being riffed by both Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Rifftrax.
Tropes used in this short:
- Car Chase: A very, very minor one, but when Jamie and the other students race to the Mayor's office, the gang chases after them, getting into their own cars to do so.
- Disproportionate Retribution: One of the city council members, in response to the gang's mischief, decides to punish all teens by eliminating all events for teens.
- Dumb Muscle: The other punks don't seem able to comprehend just what exactly made Jamie quit the gang and storm off, despite him all but confirming that they just rolled his dad, and are only shown to have understood the situation by the following school day.
- They also plan on "visiting" the city council, seemingly thinking that all four of them can somehow intimidate the local government, despite the fact that the council controls the police. Even beyond that, the council and the others adults at the meeting easily outnumber them.
- Felony Misdemeanor: A lesser example than Cheating, and one without any actual in-universe resolution.
- HeelFace Turn: Jamie was one of the members of the group and possibly did some bad stuff, but when his father got beaten up, that was enough.
- Insignia Rip-Off Ritual: When Jamie pulls off his HeelFace Turn, he tears off the gang's insignia from his jacket.
- Memento MacGuffin: The mechanical pencil, which Jamie knows well enough to immediately recognize as "just like" the one his dad has.
- No Ending: Being an educational short, it breaks off suddenly and leaves the ending up to the class for group discussion.
- Questioning Title?: What About Juvenile Delinquency?
- Teens Are Monsters: One of the City Council members thinks this and wants them all punished.