Twenty years in the past, a mighty battle took place in the stratosphere where the four Ultra Brothers - Ultraman, Ultraseven, Ultraman Jack and Ultraman Ace battled against the mighty Yapool, the great interdimensional demon-lord and one of the most powerful enemies of the Ultra Brothers, whose powers fueled by sheer hatred has allowed it to fuse into the ultimate monster, Ultra-Killersaurus. While victorious, the Ultra Brothers were unable to destroy Yapool or U-Killersaurus completely, and ultimately managed to seal Yapool in Kobe Harbour, at the cost of their powers. And from then onwards, the Ultra Brothers - Shin Hayata, Dan Moroboshi, Hideki Goh, and Hokuto Seiji, led peaceful, civilian lives in the city of Kobe, while hoping to return home someday.
At present, Mirai Hibino, the human form of the current Ultra stationed on Earth, Ultraman Mebius, managed to meet the four original Ultra brothers, whom he idolized since a trainee in Ultraman academy, having heard of their exploits from his teacher, Ultraman Taro. But a greater threat looms ahead as four sinister aliens whom are the sworn enemies of the Ultra Brothers - Zarab, Nackle, Guts and Temperor, have forged an alliance to undo the seal that is keeping Yapool entombed in the Port of Kobe...
Ultraman Mebius And The Ultra Brothers is the 10th original film series in the Ultra Series, celebrating the franchise's 40th anniversary. Serving as an Interquel to Ultraman Mebius, the movie serves as an introductory platform for fans of Ultraman Mebius to the original Ultra Brothers, for them to know more of Ultramen in the past (during the franchise's then-40-year old run).
With an alliance of the series' greatest foes, it is up to Mebius to prove himself to the heroes of the past, his worthiness as a protector of Earth, and to save us all from a threat greater than anyone could imagine...
Ultraman Mebius And The Ultra Brothers provides examples of the following tropes:
- Action Prologue: The film opens with the Ultra Brothers fighting U-Killersaurus on the moon, before taking the fight to the stratosphere above planet Earth where they finally manage to achieve victory.
- All Your Powers Combined:
- The Ultra Brothers manage to ultimately seal Yapool, at the cost of their own powers.
- In the final battle, the six Ultra Brothers - Ultraman, Ultraseven, Ultraman Jack, Ultraman Ace, Ultraman Taro and Zoffy - merges all their power into Mebius, allowing Mebius to unleash his final attack that eventually finish off U-Killersaurus for good.
- Always Save the Girl: Aya being the Damsel in Distress.
- Beam-O-War: Between Ultraman Mebius and Alien Zarab, disguised as a fake Mebius. Mebius wins.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Alien Zarab, Guts, Nackle and Temperor. Fittingly enough, these are the enemies of the original Ultraman, Ultraseven, Ultraman Jack and Ultraman Taro. Not to mention they're working to unseal Yapool, the Big Bad of Ultraman Ace.
- Big Damn Heroes: Ultraman Taro and Zoffy arriving in the climax to help turn the tide of battle.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: The battle between Mebius and Temperor had both combatants firing projectile attacks at each other. While Mebius' energy blasts are golden or yellow, Temperor's on the other hand are blue or purple.
- Cool Old Guy: The four Ultra Brothers in human form
- Crossover: Ultraman Mebius with the first five installments of the Ultra series.
- Crucified Hero Shot: Taken quite literally, with Ultraman Mebius being crucified in a cross-shaped crystal created by Nackle and Guts. Later, the same thing happens to the four Ultra Brothers...
- Darkest Hour: Hmm, let's see... fifteen minutes before the credits, Mebius is defeated and crucified alive, Alien Guts and Nackle are razing a path of destruction across the city...then the Ultra Brothers arrives to save Mebius, only for Yapool and U-Killersaurus to awaken from its slumber and reveal itself...
- Genre Throwback: To the past 70s installments of the series.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Alien Temperor and Ultraman Mebius engages each other in aerial combat, but while Mebius flies normally like any normal Ultramen, Temperor instead sprouts massive, sinister, bat-like wings.
- I Have Your Wife: The final battle is made complicated by the fact that Aya Jinguji is trapped in the crystal on U-killersaurus' forehead, preventing Mebius from killing the monster outright or risk killing her as well.
- Henshin Hero: Five of them, in fact! Taro and Zoffy doesn't count though, because their human forms/hosts are absent in this movie.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Subverted, the Ultra Brothers sacrifices their powers in the opening scene to seal Yapool, but they can continue surviving in their human forms. This nearly happens in the climax, but ultimately averted thanks to the timely intervention of Ultraman Taro and Zoffy.
- Heroic Second Wind: The faith and trust of the Ultra Brothers in Mebius, and Mebius' desires to prove his worthiness as a true hero, allows him to rise and fight against Alien Guts and Nackle and eventually defeating them.
- Heroic R Ro D: Ultraman Mebius, who can barely stand after using most of his energy to defeat Zarab, only to get crucified by Guts and Nackle...
- Kid Amid the Chaos: Takato Jinguji, witnessing his little pet dog getting killed in a landslide started by the kaiju Kelbeam. (Its implied that is the same Kelbeam that was later killed by Mebius in the fourth episode of his show.)
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": Mebius and the four Ultra Brothers have this reaction when U-Killersaurus awakens.
- The Man Behind the Man: Yapool is pulling the strings behind the alien alliance for an immediate invasion.
- Miles Gloriosus: Temperor gloats about how Earth is guarded by "that insignificant rookie Mebius", whom he barely considers a threat, and to prove his point he decides to attack Kobe directly to draw Mebius out. He ends up being the first of the four aliens to die, killed by Mebius.
- Mythology Gag: This is not the first time the Ultramen merged their powers on the youngest member of their team to unlock their ultimate powerful form which allows them to eventually destroy an otherwise unstoppable foe.
- Power Glows: This happens naturally to the Ultra warriors when they're revived, but notably to Mebius unlocks Mebius Infinity, his ultimate power, whence he glows with an immense aura of energy every moment he's onscreen.
- Shock and Awe: Alien Temperor favors using electrified whips during battles, especially in his direct confrontation against Mebius. Not that it did him any favours, though!
- Pyramid Power: The seal used by the Ultra Brothers to keep Yapool imprisoned manifests itself in the form of a translucent pyramid, with a member of each of the four brothers standing at each corner.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Yapool is sealed in the Port of Kobe, but he's regenerating with every second that passes.
- Stock Footage: Clips from the first four shows of the Ultra Series shows up, when the four Ultra Brothers witnessed the true power of Mebius and realize he is indeed, a worthy successor bearing the Ultramen name.
- Taken for Granite: U-Killersaurus - and Yapool - turns into stone after their defeat, before crumbling apart into pieces.
- Teleportation: This is how the union of aliens beam down to earth from Temperor's spaceship.
- Tokyo Is the Center of the Universe: Averted actually, 90% of the movie including the climax takes place in Kobe, another Japanese city.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Yapool shows no gratitude to the remaining member of the Alien Union, Nackle, for his efforts in reviving him, instead outright killing him because he outlived his purpose.
- Worf Had the Flu: The original four Ultra Brothers manage to transform themselves in a last-ditch attempt to save Mebius from the crystal crucifix, but because they barely had any power remaining in them and have not seen action for the past 20 years, they hardly manage to defeat Guts and Nackle, getting their asses whooped rather badly in the process.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: After Yapool is eventually revived, together with U-Killersaurus, one of the first thing he did is to vaporize Nackle, the sole surviving of the four aliens, to prove that he will rule planet earth alone.