2x2 néha 5 (2x2 is sometimes 5), released in 1954, is basically the Top Gun of Communist Hungary. A pilot who wants to be an airplane designer and a scientist who wants to learn more about flying meets, fell into love, flies over a mountain, and sings a lot.
This work contains examples of:
- Accidental Public Confession: A Love Confession overheard over radio. In three countries.
- Ace Pilot
- Better as Friends: The statistician and the cute pilot girl gets this treatment. Then they became the Beta Couple.
- Meet Cute: Quite a lot: flunking an exam, crashing in a plane, then proving a design wrong. This gets to the point that the fourth Meet Cute is avoided by the hero pilot swimming to the riverbank opposite of the heroine after the aforementioned design breaks up in air.
- Persona Non Grata: A six month grounding.
- Running Gag: "Hairraising" by a bald actor. Sorry, in the communism the joke laughs at you.
- Wrench Wench: More than one.