20 Years After is a post-apocalyptic film about a pregnant woman named Sara struggling to survive to give birth to the first baby in 15 years. 20 years earlier a nuclear war and a plague wiped out most of humanity. Sara and her mom now running out of supplies try and reach some survivors to get more.
20 Years After provides examples of the following tropes:
- After the End: A nuclear war and plague wiped out most of humanity.
- Apocalypse Anarchy: There are no governments, just small settlements.
- Depopulation Bomb: The nuclear war and plague killed people on a massive scale causing the post-apocalyptic world.
- Handguns: Michael has a Browning M1911.
- Hand on Womb: Sara grabs a character's hand and puts it on her womb to show the baby.
- Living Is More Than Surviving: Stated in the trailer "There is a difference, between surviving and living.".
- Lured into a Trap: Sara's group gets ambushed when going into another city by some survivors that want her baby.
- Radio Voice: Michael has this when he does his broadcasts.
- Ruins of the Modern Age: There's tons of dilapidated and abandoned vehicles and structures.