A 2019 American Thriller directed by Brian Kirk that has NYPD Det. Andre Davis (Chadwick Boseman) investigating the deaths of several officers by shutting down all the bridges in order to catch the cop killers but he suspects there is more going on.
It was released on November 22, 2019.
Tropes for the film:
- Born Detective: Andre's father was also a cop who died in the line of duty when he was a child.
- Cop Killer: The plot takes off when two robbers shoot and kill several officers who were answering a call about a robbery in progress.
- Cowboy Cop: Andre to an extent is this. He goes around protocol to accomplish his mission and doesnt care who he pisses off to do so. Also, he has a reputation after killing numerous criminals over the years that murdered police officers; said killings were justified as self-defense, but he was no doubt a bit eager to shoot these folks because of what happened to his father
- Dirty Cop: It is revealed that many of the cops are involved with drug smuggling and Captain McKenna started the operation to ensure his men have good lives.
- Disappeared Dad: Andre's father was killed in the line of duty when he was 13.
- Experienced Protagonist: Andre is an expert detective with years of experience on the NYPD. He has even developed a reputation as a killer of cop killers because he has tracked down and killed several criminals responsible for murdering police officers over his career.
- From Camouflage to Criminal: The two robbers that kick off the plot by killing several police officers are former U.S. Marines and combat veterans. Their experience in combat made them extremely lethal against everyday NYPD cops.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Andre is an NYPD detective who has earned a reputation for tracking down and killing criminals who have murdered cops; each killing was apparently justified as self-defense.