Trauma Center is a 2019 crime thriller starring Bruce Willis and Nicky Whelan, and directed by Matt Eskandari. Madison Taylor is a poor waitress struggling to take care of her younger sister who gets accidently shot by crooked cops. After being placed in a secluded hospital wing, Madison is targeted by her assailants, who are after the only piece of evidence that can implicate them in a grisly murder, the bullet in her leg. In order to survive, Madison will need the help from Detective Wakes, but her sister might also be in danger.
Not to be confused with the video-game series of the same name.
This film provides examples of:
- Action Survivor: Madison
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Big Good: Detective Wakes
- Chekhov's Gun: Emily's inhaler ends up being used to incapacitate the villain.
- Curbstomp Battle: When Mooks try to ambush Detective Wakes in a dark alley, he ends up swiftly eliminating them, mostly because they attended the Stormtrooper Marksman Academy, while Wakes has Improbable Aiming Skills.
- Electric Torture: Since they're in a (partially abandoned) hospital, the villains use a defibrilator to torture Madison.
- MacGuffin: The bullet in Madison's leg, as well as the memory card.
- Scary Black Man: Detective Pierce.
- Too Dumb to Live: All the villains are quite dumb, but by far the dumbest of them is Detective Pierce, who makes just way too many stupid decisions and even becomes increasingly more and more reckless as the movie progresses.