Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger vs. Abaranger is a 2005 direct-to-video movie which depicts a crossover between Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger and Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, part of the annual Super Sentai "Vs. Series". It was released direct-to-video on March 25, 2005.
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- Back from the Dead: Sauneel Gingko can resurrect practically anyone, he brings back Bon Goblin, Ben G, Succubus, Genio, Millibar as well as Mikoto and Top Galer, albeit only temporarily, because if he dies all the revived beings die as well.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When Kazakh threatens Abrella's life if the whole Sauneel Gingko/Dezumozorya deal fails, the latter pulls out an Abaranger magazine to check if Sauneel Gingko was really the best option he could get to give to Kazakh.
- Not in-universe itself but Jasmine/Dekayellow briefly did the ending credits Abaranger dance and mentioned that it was a loop in Ryouga/Abared's head.
- Big Bad: Gijinfuan Kazakh. Who plans to resurrect Dezumozorya with Sauneel Gingko's help and use his power to install his criminal house on the Earth and rule it.
- Exact Words: The villains plan to resurrect the strongest being in the underworld. They fully expected said being to be Dezumozorya but they ended up reviving Mikoto/Abarekiller and Top Galer instead.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Dezumozorya. He may be long dead, but his actions stull influence the plot and his resurrection is Kazakh's goal.
- Abrella is a downplayed example, he does provide Kazakh with information on Sauneel Gingko's powers and location, but otherwise he has no goals aside from getting his payment and has no further influence on it.
- Mr. Exposition: Abrella gives information on Sauneel Gingko's powers to Kazakh.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: When he and Ban protect Yatsudenwani from Kazakh as well as the jewel, Ryoga decides to make a call to his daughter Mai (who is currently in Hollywood), leaving Ban alone, which allows Kazakh to steal Sauneel Gingko's gingko batteries from Yatsudenwani in order to use them to revive Dezumozorya.
- In the same boat, Yatsudenwani taking Sauneel Gingko's jewel and not guarding it properly.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Sauneel Gingko and Kazakh were fully expecting to bring back Dezumozorya, they got Abarekiller and Top Galer instead, who help the Abaranger and Dekaranger to utterly destroy them and their minions.
- Super Prototype: Sauneel Gingko was meant to be the first Trinoid (hence him being Trinoid #0) but his power exceeded Mikaela's expectations who sealed him inside a jewel out of fear, he later was forgotten but eventually found by Yatsudenwani who brought him to Dino Curry's HQ as an office decoration.