The crossover between Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- Actor Allusion: the Buster Hercules transforms into MagiKing, prompting Jin to comment that he feels right at home inside it.
- He even does the Magiranger hand pose!
- Back from the Dead: Basco and Damaras, though technically they are Avatar replicas.
- Big Bad: Bacchus Gill, the nephew of the Gokaiger Big Bad and leader of the Zangyack Remnants.
- Call-Forward: The other Kyoryugers arriving late to assist Kyoryu Red addresses the fact that, in the first few episodes, the team isn't open to one another.
- Continuity Cameo:
- Jerashid appears once again, this time in the Edo period of Japan. And no, it's not a past version of him, as he's still wearing his wedding ring. Best not to question how and why he got there.
- Also stuck in the Edo period with no way to get back, Yoko, J, and Gai wonder how they can send a message to their allies in the present. J has the idea of writing a message to them, but Yoko asks the obvious question: Who could they trust to hold onto such a message for over 250 years? Gai then gets an idea. Cut to the present time, and Shiba Kaoru personally delivers that very message to the Go-busters' HQ.
- Where does Marvelous go to eat? Dino Curry, being served by Yatsudenwani.
- Continuity Nod: The background music playing when Gokai-Oh spawns the Megazord Keys, thus heralding the brief return of some past Super Sentai mechas, is the exact same one used in Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle when the 33 previous main mechas returned.
- Back in Super Hero Taisen, the Gokaigers, mainly Luka acknowledged the Go-Busters and Gai even did Fourze's pose. In this movie, when Ryuuji confronts Joe and Luka, Luka knows Ryuuji being a Go-Buster due to meeting each other before. Before that, Hiromu acknowledges and confirms the identity of the Gokaigers, back during the Go-Busters battle with Decade and the Gokaigers minus Captain Marvelous swung in to save the Go-Busters.
- The Dragon: Waredonaiyer to Bacchus.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Like its predecessors, this movie marks the debut of the next Sentai team, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger, where they take on Waredonaiyer and some Zangyack grunts. This is notable for being the first early-bird cameo to take place inside a warehouse, as the previous three all took place out in the open.
- It's also the first where a member of the cameo team meets with the two starring teams, as Kyoryu Red meets his two predecessors before his team's cameo proper start (the other members were late).
- Fake Defector: Marvelous reveals to the Busters that their method was dealing with Zangyack from the inside through a pretend surrender, attacking their allies secretly. By the time the movie had started, they were already found out.
- In the Name of the Moon: For the Vs. movie, both teams give their roll call in succession. In this case, the current team (Go-Busters) goes first, followed by the previous team (Gokaiger).
Hiromu: "Red Buster!"
Ryuji: "Blue Buster!"
Yoko: "Yellow Buster!"
Masato: "Beet Buster!"
J: "Stag Buster!"
Hiromu: "Tokumei Sentai!"
Marvelous: "Gokai Red!"
Joe: "Gokai Blue!"
Luka: "Gokai Yellow!"
Don: "Gokai Green!"
Ahim: "Gokai Pink!"
Marvelous: "Kaizoku Sentai!"
- Let's You and Him Fight: The Go-Busters fight the Gokaigers, who have seemingly joined forces with the new Zangyack.
- Mythology Gag: the whole point of the mechas transforming into other mecha.
- Gokai-Oh -> Daibouken: the Boukengers are the Gokaigers' predecessors as the anniversary team, and both series have an adventure theme.
- Marvelous even imitates Akashi by snapping his fingers and saying Attack!
- GoZyuJin -> DaiZyuZin: the Zyuranger Greater Power is one of the components of GoZyuJin.
- A minor one but GoZyuJin becoming DaiZyuZin also made a reference to Power Rangers' very first Megazord, production wise, and all the mechas are all called MegaZords.
- Go-Buster Ace -> Gekitouja, Flash King and Ryuuseioh: All the Mechs are fast and agile. Gekitouja is composed of wild felines (even with a red one to boot), while Ryuuseioh is a red mech with his own robot form like Ace.
- Go-Buster Lioh -> GaoKing and Gao Kentaurus: Li-Oh and King have lion mechs as the central component of the combined mode plus Kentaurus was the final mech of the Gaorangers just like Li-Oh.
- On a minor note, both lion mechs are ridable.
- Buster Hercules -> MagiKing: see Actor Allusion.
- Palette Swap: Action Commander Waredonaiyer is basically a red version of Deratsueigar, the "monster of the fortnight" in Gokaiger #11 and #12.
- Recycled Script: The movie reuses a lot of plot points from Kamen Rider VS Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen and some from Gokaiger VS Goseiger, but manages to shake each up enough to stand out on its own. It also actually manages to improve upon the ones from the former it uses, so it has that as well.
- The Remnant: The villains in this movie are the remnants of the Zangyack Empire from Gokaiger.
- Superdickery: The Remnant of Zangyack blackmailed the Gokaigers into this trope.
- Transformation Sequence: For The Movie, a specially filmed team sequence is done for the Go-Busters and Gokaigers, accounting for the latter's change in appearance.
- Trapped in the Past: When Enter finds the last of the Phantom Ranger Keys, they react violently and open up a time portal, sending the Gokaigers, Yoko, J, and Gorisaki into the past with no way to get back.
- The Worf Effect: Basco and Damaras are taken down rather quickly by the Gokaigers. Basco is defeated by Marvelous, Joe and Luka as Sun Vulcan while Damaras is defeated by Gai, Don and Ahim as Shurikenger and the Gouraigers. Then again, they were only avatar replicas who paled in comparison to the real deal.
- Write Back to the Future: By way of The Slow Path.
- Villain Teamup: The Zangyack team up with Vaglass early on in the movie.