- "These are the TALONS of the Vampire Bat!"
The village of Kleinschloss has run into a small problem. You see, a Serial Killer is on the loose, draining people of their blood, and superstitious townsfolk think a vampire is on the loose. A detective is sent to investigate the murders, and discovers a secret related to a scientist's mysterious experiments...
This film contains examples of:
- Actually Not a Vampire: The "vampire" is really the hypnotized henchman of a Mad Scientist.
- Animal Motifs: The killer has bats, with a recent infestation of them being treated as a sign that he's a vampire, and a man with a fondness for them being framed for his crimes.
- Big Bad: Dr. Otto von Niemann is responsible for the killings through his hypnotized slave.
- Creating Life Is Bad: Von Neimann is collecting blood from his victims to create a living organism.
- Frame-Up: The killer subtly manipulates the village into thinking the village idiot is the vampire.
- Have You Told Anyone Else?: Von Neimann takes advantage of his trusted community position by being the first to know of any evidence for his crimes, so he can snuff out whomever told him.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Herman, the village idiot, has many pet bats when most of the village is terrified of them.
- The Sociopath: Dr. Otto von Neimann brainwashes a guy and then has him kill people and drain their blood for his experiments in creating life. He even kills his maid, the one person he seems to care about.