Currently can be streamed free on Amazon Prime.
- Abusive Parents:
- Taylor's alcoholic mom, who blames her for her dad leaving.
- Jane's formerly loving parents turn steadily more abusive in their attempts to turn Jane straight, until her teacher reveals that Jane is contemplating suicide, which snaps them out of it.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Jane's so-called friends from the beginning of the movie.
- Closet Key: Taylor is one for Jane.
- Coming-Out Story: A big part of the story.
- Fag Hag: Jane's friend Ned gets in a fight with some guys who call him this.
- Forced Out of the Closet: Jane, by her shithead brother.
- Jane slips up and accidentally outs her teacher to her parents.
- Heel Realization: Jane's parents when they find out she's thinking about suicide.
- It Doesn't Mean Anything: Freaked out after they have sex, Jane gives this line to Taylor.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Jane isn't super feminine, but feminine enough.
- Made-for-TV Movie: On the Lifetime network.
- We Used to Be Friends: Jane's three friends at the beginning of the film turn rather mean when Jane, admittedly, stops hanging out with them because she's hanging out with Taylor, but when they find out she's gay, they turn nasty, gleefully tormenting her.