The Slaughter is a 2006 American horror film.
A group of friends own a cleaning company. They have been hired to clean an abandoned house, where they discover a book bound in human flesh. Reading the book, they discover that the house has a demon inside it, who can be awakened by a sin. Two of the cleaners end up having sex in the house, and the creature awakes to pick them off one by one.
It was distributed on DVD by Lionsgate.
This film contains examples of:
- Asshole Victim: The Lady's victims include a misogynistic Jerk Jock, a scummy, verbally abusive corporate executive and his obnoxious sycophant.
- Big Bad: The Lady of Darkness, the demon that haunts the house.
- Definite Article Title
- Downer Ending: After tricking Dana into committing suicide, the Lady of Darkness takes over her body and begins the Apocalypse.
- Event Title
- Fan Disservice:
- The first scene of the film is a bunch of beautiful women stripping naked. They proceed to kill each other to summon a demon.
- The Lady of Darkness spends her entire screen time naked, but is a scarred, gray monster who spends the film tormenting and murdering people. However she earns her Fanservice status once she turns herself into a naked sensuos woman.
- Full-Frontal Assault: The Lady doesn't wear clothes, even when killing people.
- Genre Savvy: Brandon, in a subversion of the traditional Dumb Muscle Jerk Jock, knows the house is creepy and wants to get out ASAP.
- Hell on Earth: Earth was like this when the demons controlled it, and the Lady seeks to return the Earth to such a state.
- The Hero Dies: Dana blows herself up in an attempt to destroy the demons.
- Hollywood Satanism: A cult of this sort awakened the Lady via Human Sacrifice.
- Human Resources: The Tome of Eldritch Lore used to summon the Lady is bound in human flesh.
- Human Sacrifice: All the kills in the film are sacrifices as different parts of a ritual to bring the Big Bad to full power.
- I Love the Dead: Iggy, when cornered by the zombies, grabs zombie!Heather's breast. However, he's immediately repulsed by his act.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The Lady throws a woman down a flight of stairs, impaling her on a coat rack.
- Ms. Fanservice: Heather is a self-described slut who wears a belly shirt and gets two naked scenes.
- The Lady herself. At first she's an horrible, gnarled zombie-like monster, but once she gains the power to make her spirit flesh she's revealed to be a gorgeous albeit still creepy woman.
- Our Demons Are Different: These are terrifying Humanoid Abominations from prehistoric times, who have magical powers and can control the dead.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: These are tortured spirits trapped on the mortal plane by demons.
- Our Zombies Are Different: These are the victims of a demon, forced to its will by Blood Magic. Behaviour-wise, they're shamblers, but with superhuman reflexes. They also talk and eat brains.
- The Stoner: Raz is a long-haired eccentric who wears weed shirts and likes to ride in the trunks of cars. He also hallucinates when he smokes.
- Villain Opening Scene: The Lady of Darkness being summoned and killing her summoners.
- Would Hurt a Child: The Lady butchers an eight-year-old girl with an axe as a Virgin Sacrifice.