A Slasher Movie from the year 2001.
The students of the International High School in Prague have all just graduated, and head to a clandestine party held at a vast swimming pool complex. However, as the night goes on, they start dying one-by-one, picked off by a killer with a fondness for machetes.
Notable for being a multi-national production, including an ethnically-varied cast, and for being written by screenwriters who do not have the greatest grasp on the English language. Some of the performances come off as being delivered phonetically, which makes for some very entertaining viewing. Potential Old Shame for James McAvoy and Isla Fisher who both appear here pre-fame.
Take a swim through these:
- Air-Vent Passageway: The characters realize that they may have chance of escaping through the ventilation shafts. But before they can remove the cover obstructing them from freedom, the killer starts stabbing the vents from below, killing Mike and Martin, and forcing others to retreat back into the building.
- An Arm and a Leg: The killer slices off Mel's leg before killing her.
- Big Damn Heroes: Carmen is stabbed in the stomach, but she proves herself to be Not Quite Dead to save the day in the climax.
- Blood Is Squicker in Water: The very first death is followed by the victim's corpse being dropped into a pool, spreading blood in the water.
- Catchphrase: Officer Kadankov's "Damn kids!"
- Chase Scene: The killer lures Kim near his car in the middle of the night, and after revealing himself to her, chases her around in the woods before impaling her with his machete.
- Chekhov's Skill: One scene demonstrates how Carmen is able to hold her breath underwater for over two minutes. This skill becomes helpful later on when she has to swim through a tunnel to get outside.
- Closed Circle: The swimming hall after the murders start happening.
- Drinking Contest: There is one between Carmen and Chris. The latter loses.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Sarah attacks the killer by throwing liquor bottles at him.
- Groin Attack: A character gets on a water slide, and ends up helplessly sliding towards the killer's waiting machete crotch-first.
- Lightning Reveal: Lightning flash reveals the killer's position to officer Kadankov, but he is unable to respond in time and gets gutted.
- Machete Mayhem: The killer prefers a machete.
- Man on Fire: Since killer is covered in flammable liquor from the bottles that Sarah threw at him, she manages to set him on fire in the climax by dropping a lit lighter on front of him.
- Not Good with Rejection: Tommy, aka Frank, killed Kathryn in the opening for dumping him, and went after Sarah and her friends at the pool party because she spurred his advances.
- Not Quite Dead: The killer seemingly dies in the climax from multiple stabs to his neck, but rises up again, only to be shot by another character that was thought to be dead; Carmen.
- Pool Scene: With a slasher movie build around it.
- Red Herring: The potential identity of the killer bounces between Greg and Diego. It's neither of them.
- The Reveal: Frank is really Tommy, the psychotic killer that the police are looking for.
- Rule of Pool: Averted. Sarah is almost thrown into a pool, but she panics and kicks herself free.
- Slashed Throat: Kathryn finds her new boyfriend Oliver with his throat cut sitting behind the wheel of his car.
- Super Window Jump: Unable to exit through the front door of her house, Kathryn creeps towards the window-door in the back, only to see the killer behind it. She fires twice with her shotgun, misses, and the killer's jumps through the glass to slash at her.
- Two-Person Pool Party: There could have been one if the killer wouldn't have interfered.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Most of the male cast during the party's first stages. Justified since it's a pool party.
- Wham Line: Sarah spots the killer's silhouette in the dark, and asks who's there. He answers "It's me, Frank".
- White Mask of Doom: The killer wears a white skull mask that covers the upper half of his face.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Sarah is afraid of water, due to being traumatized by her father's drowning when she was young. She manages to conquer this fear in the climax in order to save her boyfriend from Frank, who's trying to hack him into pieces in middle of a pool.
- Your Cheating Heart: Carmen tells Sarah that she slept with her boyfriend Greg once last year, and because of that, she believes that Greg is the killer due to his dishonesty. Then he appears before them, covered in blood and carrying an axe...