The Last Slumber Party is a Slasher Movie released in 1988.
After learning he is set to be lobotomized by the staff of the Oak Ridge Memorial Hospital, an extremely volatile mental patient named Mr. Randles (a name only used near the end of the film) somehow sneaks out of his room, and into a supply closet, where he disguises himself as a surgeon, and escapes, leaving a pile of sheets under his blanket to cover his tracks. Wanting revenge on his keeper, one Doctor Sickler, Randles (after murdering a nurse and an orderly at a bus stop near the asylum) begins making his way to the good doctor's house, bloody scalpel in hand.
As the escaped maniac stalks around town, three Northridge High gal pals by the name of Chris, Tracy and Linda (who happens to be Doctor Sickler's daughter) decide to celebrate the start of summer vacation by holding a slumber party at Linda's house, since only her sleepy mother will be home, allowing them to easily sneak in booze, drugs and boys; and said group of boys consists of Chris and Tracy's troublemaker boyfriends, Tommy and Billy, and their less mischievous buddy, Scott, who everyone intends to set up with Linda.
Of course, Mr. Randles happens to crash this slumber party when it gets into full swing, sneaking into the house via a ladder left leaning against a window by the boys, who used it to gain access to the house. Deciding to take his rage out on Doctor Sickler's family and everyone else under his roof, Mr. Randles sets about making sure this is a slumber party no one will forget... because it'll be The Last Slumber Party!
An obvious cash-in on the success(?) of The Slumber Party Massacre series, one of those responsible for the creation of The Last Slumber Party, executive producer Bill F. Blair, has gone on record stating that he considers it "the worst film ever made". And this is a guy responsible for such schlock as Blood Cult, Forever Evil and Terror at Tenkiller, the latter being available on a DVD double feature with this film released in 2004.
Taken to task by Mike, Kevin, and Bill on RiffTrax.
- Accidental Murder: Sensing someone behind her, Chris whips around and juts her knife out, stabbing Scott.
- A Date with Rosie Palms:
- "You've had your meat in your hands for just too long!"
- "Hey, Science, you old sex machine, I know what instrument your going to be cleaning tonight! Just don't whack it too hard, buddy!"
- Blood Is Squicker in Water: Chris gets her throat slit in the Sickler's pool.
- But Liquor Is Quicker: "Oh come on, Linda, we didn't fill you full of Jack Daniels so you could fall asleep."
- Creator Cameo: The teacher is played by co-writer Jim Taylor.
- Daylight Horror: The ending, the fake and real one.
- Dope Slap: Billy to Scott, after he lets out that they've had beers while talking to Doctor Sickler.
- Downer Ending: After it's revealed the events of the film were prophetic dream had by Chris, it's shown that Mr. Randles actually has escaped, and he attacks Linda in her home, just as Tracy and Chris arrive.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: It turns out the events of the film were a nightmare being had by Chris, but then it turns out Mr. Randles actually has escaped, and the film ends with him breaking into the Sickler's home just as Chris and Tracy stop by.
- Dream Within a Dream: "I even had a nightmare within the nightmare! God, I must be fucking crazy!"
- Driven to Suicide: An asylum patient attempts it, causing Doctor Sickler to work late.
- Dull Surprise: The cast suffers from it, especially Doctor Sickler.
- Enter Stage Window: How most characters gain access to the Sickler house.
- Everybody Lives: Well, up until the real ending.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Linda and Tracy in Chris's Dream Within a Dream.
- Evil vs. Evil: School whipping boy Science decides to take revenge on his tormentors, killing Billy, and coming close to murdering Linda, only to have Mr. Randles slit his throat.
- Expy: Mr. Randles, and Harold from Hospital Massacre.
- Facial Horror: Characters who do not have their throat slit are cut across the face, somehow killing them.
- Fainting: After stabbing Mr. Randles, Chris faints.
- Final Girl: Linda screams this, but dies, leaving the position to be taken up by the decidedly unpure Chris.
- Flashback: We're shown Mr. Randles attacking Doctor Sickler, after the former finds out he is scheduled for a lobotomy.
- Happily Married: Doctor and Mrs. Sickler, though there are rumors...
- Heavy Sleeper: An orderly dozes off at the bus stop, and sleeps through a nurse being slashed to death right next to him.
- High-Pressure Blood: The only worthwhile gore scene is when Mr. Randles gets stabbed in the chest, causing some jets of blood.
- Icy Blue Eyes: The bug-eyed Mr. Randles.
- Kubrick Stare: Mr. Randles does this all the time, to the point that one might assume his head is just stuck like that.
- Malevolent Masked Men: Mr. Randles's surgical mask.
- Nightmare Sequence: Chris randomly dreams about being terrorized by her friends (including undead Linda and Tracy) before being stabbed to death by Mrs. Sickler, and waking up.
- Noodle Incident: References to catastrophes that occurred at previous parties, like a Bohemian football player throwing up all over the place, or a car being driven into a pool.
- Not Quite Dead: Linda seemingly drops dead after letting Chris back in the house, only to show up later ("Chris, get help...") and drop dead again. And after being stabbed, Mr. Randles seems to die, but nope, he was just knocked out.
- Ominous Walk: It ends with Mr. Randles being stabbed by Chris.
- Pool Scene: Seeing Doctor Sickler's body floating in a pool, Chris wades out to it, and has her throat slit by Mr. Randles.
- Red Shirt: The nurse and orderly at the bus stop.
- Sexy Silhouette: Chris, behind a shower curtain.
- Too Dumb to Live: Instead of running away and getting help after realizing a killer is in the house, Chris instead grabs a knife and begins wandering around, a course of action that merely results in her accidentally killing Scott, and briefly knocking out Mr. Randles.
- Totally Radical: "Yeah, man, like wow, mellow out."
- Unfortunate Name:
- B. and S. Productions.
- A doctor whose surname is Sickler.
- Villain Opening Scene: Mr. Randles suiting up in surgical attire, and acquiring a scalpel.
- Who's Laughing Now?: Science, up until he is anticlimactically killed by Mr. Randles.
- Your Cheating Heart:Nurse #1: "Come on, he's a happily married man with a kid and everything."Nurse #2: "Oh, that's never stopped you before!"