The Last Kiss is a 2006 American romantic dramedy film directed by Tony Goldwyn, starring Zach Braff, Jacinda Barrett, Casey Affleck, Rachel Bilson, Blythe Danner, and Tom Wilkinson. It is a Foreign Remake of Gabriele Muccino's 2001 Italian film L'ultimo bacio, with a screenplay adaptation by Paul Haggis.
Tropes in this film include:
- Dinner and a Show: The dinner with Jenna's parents when she announces that she and Michael are expecting. Her dad manages to say that a baby isn't supposed to be the first "big thing" and in a toast only acknowledges Michael as "the young man who's responsible". Jenna's mother is also (barely) keeping up a saccharine facade, Jenna herself is twitching and Michael is chuckling nervously. Overall, one can cut the tension with a knife.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Michael stops seeing Kim and takes Stephen's advice on reaffirming his relationship with Jenna. Jenna eventually opens back up to him and they begin making amends.
- Get Out!: After confronting Michael about him cheating on her with Kim, Jenna kicks him out. When he continues to argue with her, she reiterates her point with a kitchen knife.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: If you listen closely, Jacinda Barrett's Australian accent slips when she gets mad as Jenna.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Jenna rips into Michael when she learns that he's been cheating on her.