The Kunoichi: Ninja Girl is a 2011 Japanese historical martial arts film directed by Seiji Chiba and starring Rina Takeda.
In 16th century feudal Japan the war between the Iga clan and the Kouga clan continues unabated. Typically for such violent disputes it is the women who suffer the most in this case lowly castrated Iga clan ninjas are kidnapping woman from their rivals lands and transporting them back to their own, with the intent to use them as concubines. Unfortunately for a trio of inept Iga ninjas, one of the women theyve kidnapped is Kisaragi (Rina Takeda), a skilled ninja with a long standing vendetta since her mother was kidnapped when she was just a baby.
Tropes in The Kunoichi: Ninja Girl include:
- Barehanded Blade Block: Shimotsuki does this to block Higetsu's sword and prevent him killing Kirasagi. This becomes a Chekhov's Skill later when he uses the same technique to block Kirasagi's sword during their fight in the cave.
- The Blade Always Lands Pointy End In: Happens multiple times. First, Shimotsuki blocks Higetsu's sword to stop him killing Kisaragi, then throws the sword away where it lands point first in the temple porch. Then Shinmu grabs that sword and throws it blade first into the ground in front of Kisaragi, where she uses it to cut her bonds and escape. During the final fight between Kirasagi and Shimotsuki, Kirasagi snatches Shimotsuki's sword and flings it to the far side of the cave where it buries itself in the ground, forcing Shimotsuki to scramble backwards to retrieve it.
- Blood from the Mouth: A ridiculous amount of blood spills out of Higetsu's mouth after Kisaragi kicks him in the face. Later Shinmu coughs up copious amounts of blood after the diseased man slashes his throat with a katana.
- Contamination Situation: Shinmu's plan is to deliberately infect the Kouga women with a virulent sexually transmitted disease and allow them to be transported to the Iga village as Sex Slaves where they will infect all of the Iga men.
- Dead Guy Puppet: Higetsu attempts to do this to Kanna, despite her being alive and conscious (although bound): grabbing her jaw and forcing her to mouth along to his words about how grateful she is to be taken to his village. She bites him.
- Disability Immunity: Being a eunuch renders Shimotsuki immune to Kanna's Groin Attack.
- Ear Ache: During their final fight, Karasagi breaks the hold Shimotsuki has on her by grabbing his ear and twisting it violently.
- Eunuchs Are Evil: The main bad guys are a pair of eunuchs who are part of a group whose job is to kidnap women and deliver them back to their home village to serve as Sex Slaves for the village elite. The children selected for this group are castrated at birth so they are never tempted to interfere with the women.
- Groin Attack: While attempting to escape, Kanna delivers what should be a devastating kick to Shimtsuki's groin, only to discover that he has Disability Immunity due to being a eunuch.
- Hammerspace: During their final battle both Shimotsuki and Kirasagi draw swords from places where they could not possibly be concealed. This is explicitly stated to be a Ninja trick both of them know, and each is surprised to discover the other knows it. Kirasagi plays this to her advantage by drawing one of Shimotsuki's swords while she is grappling him.
- Impaled Palm: As Kanna is attempting to crawl away, Shimotsuki pins her hand to the ground with a shuriken.
- Inescapable Net: The Iga Ninja abduct one of the village women by throwing a net over her as she is working in the fields and dragging her into the woods
- Job Title: 'Kunoichi' is the Japanese term for a female ninja.
- Karmic Rape: After being defeated by Kirasagi, Shimotsuki—one of the eunuchs who kidnap women to serve as sex slaves in the Iga village—is raped by the diseased man, and then left to return to his village and spread the infection.
- Man Bites Man: Kanna bites Higetsu's finger when he attempts to use her as a living ventriloquist doll.
- Mugging the Monster: Lowly castrated Iga clan ninjas are kidnapping woman from their rivals lands and transporting them back to their own, with the intent to use them as concubines. Unfortunately for a trio of inept Iga ninjas, one of the women theyve kidnapped is Kisaragi, a skilled ninja with a long standing vendetta since her mother was kidnapped when she was just a baby.
- Ninja: As indicated by the title. This movie depicts another skirmish in the legendary war between the Iga and the Kouga ninja clans.
- Power Fist: Shimotsuki uses a pair of spiked knuckledusters to discipline Kanna: warning her not to squirm because, if she does, he might hit a major organ.
- Punch-Clock Villain: Unlike his partner the sadistic Higetsu, Shimotsuki regards abducting and, if necessary, hurting women as just his job. He takes no pleasure in it, but does want to do it well.
- Savage Spiked Weapons: Shimotsuki uses a pair of spiked knuckledusters to discipline Kanna. He even warns her not to move while he is hitting her because, if she does, he might hit a major organ and his aim is to punish her, not kill her.
- Sex Slave: Castrated Iga clan ninjas are kidnapping women from their rivals lands and transporting them back to their own, with the intent to use them as concubines.
- The Tooth Hurts: The sadistic Higetsu plans to pull all the teeth out of his prisoner's mouth—even though he admits it is not his job—because he likes the sound it makes. After Kisaragi's beating leaves him paralysed, his prisoner turns the tables and pulls out his teeth.
- *Twang* Hello: When one of the women hides in the abandoned house and bars the door, Higetsu announces his presence by throwing a shuriken into the wall beside her head.
- Would Hit a Girl: Neither Higetsu, Shomotsuki nor Shinmu have any issue with striking any of the kidnapped women. Higetsu takes a sadistic glee in hurting women, while the stoic Shimtsuki states he does not enjoy hurting women but will do so if he has to.