A 2019 American war film Based on a True Story, it follows Andrew Briggman (Nat Wolff) as he deals with conflicting loyalties when his unit under his commander (Alexander Skarsgård), and whether he can really report to authorities when his life is in danger and his commander suspects him.
Tropes in this film:
- Based on a True Story: Is based on the Maywand District Murders in 2009-2010.
- Deceased Fall-Guy Gambit: Killed civilians have weapons planted on their bodies after death, to appear as though they were enemy combatants.
- Moral Dilemma: Briggman's struggle is whether or not to report the crimes to the authorities and face a backlash from the leader of the unit or play along with Sergeant Deeks' leadership.
- Obligatory War Crime Scene: the murders that set off the chain of events in the film.
- Ripped from the Headlines: Based on the murders in Afghanistan.