"It came from a galaxy far, far away. An alien explorer. Its mission... TO SURVIVE!"
The Galaxy Invader is a 1985 Direct-to-Video Science Fiction film. It concerns an alien crash-landing on Earth and the rednecks hunting him.
This movie contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Joe shot at his daughter for slapping him.
- Action Survivor: The green man kills a few of the rednecks.
- Aliens in Cardiff: An alien crash-lands in a backwoods community.
- Arch-Enemy: Joe Montague is this to his daughter Carroll, whom he is extremely abusive towards.
- Attempted Rape: Joe tries this on Becky
- Big Bad: Joe Montague, the redneck who leads the hunt for the green man.
- Bittersweet Ending: Joe is taken down, but he kills the green man first
- Buffy Speak: The alien is called the "green man" and his orb is the "round thing."
- Clothing Damage: Joe's shirt deteriorates throughout the course of the movie.
- Corrupt Hick: The villains are a bunch of rednecks who ate hunting the green man for money.
- Disney Villain Death: Joe is knocked off a cliff by his wife
- Disproportionate Retribution: Joe chases and shoots at Carroll for slapping him, and tries to murder his entire family for stealing the alien equipment from him and running away from his abuse.
- The Dog Bites Back: Joe is dispatched by his wife, whom he emotionally abused throughout the film
- Domestic Abuser: Joe threatens to shoot his wife for questioning him.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The green man's gun
- MacGuffin: The round thing and the gun.
- Pater Familicide: Joe decides to kill his entire family after they take his alien stuff and run away.
- The Sociopath: Joe Montague is a low-functioning example, a redneck who spends most of his life abusing his family and lazing about. When he learns there's an alien nearby, he sends all his friends to their deaths without blinking to get ahold of it. When his family finally try to escape his madness, he simply takes out his shotgun and prepares to kill them all.
- The "The" Title
- Villain Protagonist: Joe Montague, a redneck who abuses his entire family and wants to kill an alien for the money.
- The Voiceless: The green man never utters a word