A group of forest rangers and young women decide to spend their vacation by camping and venture into the woods miles away from civilization. There they become targets of a killer who may or may not be the odd Eggar, who drove them there.
Tropes in this film:
- Black Dude Dies First: Completely averted, with both black characters surviving.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Killer uses a billhook blade strapped to a wrist.
- Creepy Souvenir: When searching the killer's cabin for the second time, the cast finds a severed hand in a jar inside a closet.
- Dangerous Windows: When the cast takes refuge in Eggar's bus, the killer tries to strike Vanessa with a pickax through a window.
- Death by Sex: The killer offs Mike when he is having sex with Melanie.
- Does Not Like Shoes: The killer is barefooted at all times.
- Evil Uncle: Young girl's uncle in the campfire story.
- Fingerless Gloves: The killer wears them.
- Ghost Story: Potential killer's backstory is told around the campfire.
- Howling to the Night: When Zorich and Nathaniel go look for weed at night, they pull a prank on Marco by putting him on lookout and telling him that he has to howl like a wolf every 45 seconds.
- Peekaboo Corpse: Jim's corpse in the opening.
- Rape as Backstory: The girl in the campfire story was raped by her uncle, went insane, and gave birth to a son.
- Red Herring Mole: It turns out that it really was Eggar's mom stalking the cast.
- Slashed Throat: Melanie's corpse turns up with her throat slashed.
- The killer also tries this to Windy, but messes up and Margaret manages to save her by stitching the wound.
- The Stoner: Few characters, most notably Zorich who spends the last remaining minutes in the film high on mushrooms.
- Token Minority Couple: Averted. Token black characters Nathaniel and Vanessa never hook up, or even attempt it.
- Unexplained Accent: Both Rachel Ward and Akosua Busia use their normal accents, leaving it up in the air why two teenagers from Northern California have conspicuous Australian and British accents.