The Brotherhood of Satan is a 1971 horror movie.
Ben is leaving a birthday part with his daughter, KT, and girlfriend, Nicky. The three of them find a car off the side of the road, utterly destroyed and the passengers crushed. They head to the nearest town, and find something far more sinister at its heart.
Tropes included in the film:
- The Bad Guy Wins: The cult successfully completes their ritual, and live on in the bodies of the children.
- Bolivian Army Ending: Duncan has completed the ritual, successfully transferring each cultists consciousness into their respective child. The posse finds the children in a room in the mansion, and what happens next is left unclear.
- Cult: A coven of witches lead by Dr. Duncan.
- Downer Beginning: The film opens with a family slowly being crushed in their car by a tank, and a child leaving the scene without a scratch to join the other children.
- Evil Old Folks: The titular cult led by Dr. Duncan, made up entirely of elderly men and women.
- Gratuitous Latin: The incantation Duncan uses in the ceremony includes the words, Adonai Satanicus, the former of which is Hebrew, and the latter Latin.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: After finding the statuette of the knight that beheaded Mike, Jack has a Despair Event Horizon and can only laugh maniacally for the remainder of his screentime.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": The priest, Jack, seems insistent on pronouncing coven as coh-ven.
- Missing Mom: Apparently, Bens wife the mother of KT died prior to the films events.
- Ms. Fanservice: Nicky. The first we see of her, shes in a bikini.
- Off with His Head!: Mike is beheaded by a knight.
- Town with a Dark Secret
- Would Hurt a Child: Duncan sends his own infant grandson to Hell.