A couple buys a house in Amityville for cheap, and start fixing the place together with their friends. Then they start to witness supernatural phenomena, and one of the said friends starts to realize that he has a history with the place....
The Amityville Curse has examples of:
- Big Bad: Frank, who murdered the priest (who was his illegitimate father) in the past, memories of which are driving him to kill again.
- Catapult Nightmare: Marvin's wife Debbie has a nightmare about being attacked by a corpse, and wakes up from it screaming and bolting up.
- Creepy Basement: The haunting in the house is centered around the confessional stand where its previous owner was murdered in, and which is stored in its basement.
- Improvised Weapon: Debbie defends herself from kill-crazy Frank by throwing circular sawblades at him.
- In Name Only: It only takes place in Amityville, and is set in a completely different haunted house which has nothing to do with the titular home at all.
- New House, New Problems: The house belonged to a priest who murdered, and is now haunted by his restless spirit that tries to communicate with the cast.
- Time Skip: The film opens on a murder of a priest at a Confessional, and then skips twelve years to the current plot.