Texas Rangers is a 2001 American Western directed by Steve Miner that takes place a decade after the American Civil War that has the Rangers being founded to keep the peace and bring order to the Mexican border.
It was released on November 30, 2001.
Tropes for the film:
- The Film of the Book: The movie is based on Taming the Nueces Strip: The Story of McNelly's Ranger by George Durham.
- Historical Domain Character:
- Leander H. McNelly, former confederate officer and Texas Ranger leader.
- Sgt. John Barclay Armstrong, a Texas Ranger lieutenant and US marshal.
- Period Piece: Takes place in the 1870s, a decade after The American Civil War.