Ten-Inch Hero is a 2007 independent romantic comedy surrounding the quirky Elisabeth Harnois, Danneel Harris, Jensen Ackles, Clea DuVall, and others. Piper, a young 20something, arrives in Santa Cruz, looking for the baby she gave up for adoption when she was a teenager. While she searches, she works at a sandwich shop with its own set of colorful workers. There's the eccentric Priestly, who's personality reflects in his loud clothing and even louder hair. His coworkers are the contrasting shy Jen, who has a secret online romance, and sex-loving Tish. Rounding them out is the chill, laid-back shop owner Trucker. As the film progresses, the issues the main cast have involving unrequited love and making the right decisions are put to the test.
Contains examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms
- A Threesome is Manly: Subverted. Tish is almost forced into one against her will, and later accuses one the guys for only using her as a cover for their attraction to each other. Violence ensues.
- Berserk Button: Do not hurt any of Trucker's kids in front of him.
- Blind Date: Subverted. Jen gets cold feet at the last minute.
- Can't Spit It Out: Everyone. Priestly for Tish, Jen with her online romance, Trucker for Zo...
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Trucker completely owns Tadd, despite being twice his age.
- Did You Just Have Sex?
- Embarrassing First Name: Priestly's first name is Boaz.
- Good Bad Girl: Tish unapologetically enjoys flirting and having sex, but she's a loyal friend to the others in the sandwich shop.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: Priestly.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Priestly's mohawk changes color changes in every scene. At one point, it's even two different colors.
- Man in a Kilt: Priestly gets mocked for, among other things, wearing one by a pair of teenage boys. He turns it around on them.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Zo, the shop owner Trucker loves.
- Trucker as well. Though, as he reveals, the hippie part is partially a fabrication. He never went to Woodstock, instead fighting in the Vietnam War, which established his desire for peace.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Priestly, Jen and her internet friend, and Tish.
- Tampon Run: A hilarious one where an utterly-clueless Priestly has to figure out which box to get. He then gets the one-up on a group of punk teenagers mocking a man buying tampons.
- Travel Montage
- Wrong Guy First: Tish takes a while to get it right.