Taeter City is a 2012 science fiction/splatter film made by the Italian independent movie producer Necrostorm.
In Taeter City, everything is managed by the Authority, which is a sort of dictatorship. In Taeter City, there is no crime and no riots. Why, yes why? The Authority uses a special radio wave system called Zeed. The radio waves alter the brains of criminals, forcing them to commit suicide. A special police corps called the Bikers have to finish the criminals off if they are still alive and deliver their corpses to slaughterhouses of the Authority. These supply the popular mega fast food chain Taeter Burger with the human flesh products they need to feed the masses.
But now, a criminal has appeared who is immune to the Zeed waves. His name is Trevor Kowalski. The Zeed waves have altered his body, and now he is able to emit screams that are equal to those of the Zeed system, his screams can make people violent or can make them commit suicide. The Authority sends the three bikers Razor, Shock and Wank on a mission to kill Trevor.
Hope you like Gorn, Ludicrous Gibs, and High-Pressure Blood!
The DVD can only be bought at the Necrostorm website, here.At the Necrostorm youtube channel, the trailer and a six-minute preview of the film can be seen.
This movie contains examples of:
- An Aesop: While violent revolution is on its face distasteful, it's the only true recourse against a system that consumes its own (i.e. capitalism).
- Boobs of Steel: Razor has a lot of cleavage.
- Catchphrase: Caronte's is 'Just awesome!'
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Most of the executions by the bikers. The death of the scientist, who gets trapped in his own research machine by Trevor. He becomes Ludicrous Gibs.
- The Faceless: Wank wears a black ski mask under his helmet that covers his entire face, which is never seen in the movie.
- Facial Markings: One of the executioners has black dots tattooed on his face.
- Fingore: The confused criminal in the shopping mall starts cutting off his own fingers as a result of the Zeed System waves. When the farmer is executed, his hands and fingers are crushed by metal chains. Ouch.
- Heel–Face Turn: At the end of the movie, Razor gets brainwashed by Trevor's scream and she wants freedom, which leads to her killing the biker commander
- I Am a Humanitarian: In Taeter City, cannibalism is legal.
- Human Resources: The main ingredient of the burgers at Taeter Burger.
- Malevolent Masked Men: You can recognize all Authority members by their masks or helmets.
- Spiritual Successor: The film comes across as a spiritual successor to the early works of Paul Verheoven, between the extreme violence and the overt leftist political message. It also has shades of Judge Dredd, though maybe not as directly as Verheoven's films.