Table 19 is a 2017 American comedy film directed by Jeffrey Blitz, and co-written by Blitz, Jay Duplass, and Mark Duplass. The film stars Anna Kendrick, Craig Robinson, June Squibb, Lisa Kudrow, Stephen Merchant, Wyatt Russell and Tony Revolori.
Most of the movie takes place during the wedding of Eloise's oldest friend, Francie. Eloise was Francie's maid of honor, until the groom's best man dumped her via a text message. Eloise decided to attend the wedding anyway, but found herself seated with five other unwanted guests at the dreaded Table 19.
- Birth/Death Juxtaposition: The closing scenes reveal that Jo has passed away, and that Joe was named after her.
- Blatant Lies: "This is a great table."
- Book-Ends: The movie begins and ends with a series of scenes showing the lives of the characters. Also, the wedding invitation and RSVP card in the opening scenes are mirrored by the birth announcement in the closing scenes.
- Break-Up Bonfire: The movie starts with a variation, as Eloise lights the wedding RSVP card on fire.
- Cake Toppers: The wedding cake is topped with a circle with the word "LOVE" written on it.
- Comically Missing the Point: The wedding toast: "You are Romeo and Juliet, and we all wish you the same happy ending."
- Fan Disservice: Walter's roommate Jalapeño.
- Gender-Blender Name: Jo said that her name is a "good enough name for a boy, but a terrible curse for a girl."
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Renzo skipped his junior prom, hoping he'd have "a better chance" at the wedding.
- I Will Find You: Eloise does this with Huck, getting the wedding photographer to find a photo of the two of them, then finding someone on the hotel staff who recognizes him from the photo, then going to the ballroom where he's the groom at another wedding at the same hotel.
- Just Got Out of Jail: Walter is concerned about going back to jail or having his time at the halfway house extended.
- Lower-Deck Episode: In a sense, the movie becomes this by focusing primarily on otherwise insignificant guests at the wedding of Francie and Douglas.
- Mistaken for Servant: Bina's jacket matches the jackets worn by the catering staff. Hilarity Ensues.
- Romantic False Lead: The trailer hints that Eloise will end up with a brown-haired guy known as Huck. Turns out that hes a wedding crasher. However it also turns out that he's the groom at another wedding at the same hotel.
- Sexless Marriage: Bina and Jerry's marriage had become this.Bina: "Wow, the last time Jerry and I did this was the last time Jerry and I had sex. Three... Actually, over three years ago. But no one's counting."
- Wedding Day: Downplayed, since the movie doesn't focus on the wedding/reception of Francie and Douglas, but on Eloise and the other guests at Table 19 who "should have known to RSVP regrets, but not before sending something nice off the registry."