Strange Nature is a film by Jim Ojala.
A single mother and former pop star, Kim (Lisa Sheridan) has moved herself and her 11-year-old son, Brody to a small Minnesotan town to get a fresh new start, and help her father Chuck (Bruce Bohne). At around the same time, a series of strange birth defects have started popping up in the local wildlife. Kim tries to dig into it, but gets nowhere.
Soon, she decides she has to do something before the deformations spread from animals to humans.
The film was funded on Kickstarter on October 10th, 2013, and released on September 22nd, 2018.
Strange Nature contains examples of:
- Facial Horror: At least one towns-person has half of his face deformed. Plus, the newborn puppy which seems to have a malformed mouth.
- Fly Over Country: The film is set in Minnesota.
- Messy Maggots: In one scene, some maggots are seen inside a dead frog.
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here: According to Greg, most of the town's younger residents have moved out, and the only reason to stay is if you're interested in working in pesticide.
- Screaming Birth: One woman is seen in the trailer screaming while she gives birth.