A freak nuclear accident turns the citizens of Reno, Nevada into flesh-eating zombies that become more aggressive as time goes by. A small group of survivors take refuge in a casino and chaos ensues. A made-for-TV zombie flick based upon the graphic novel by the writer of 30 Days of Night. It premiered on Chiller TV (a U.S. channel dedicated to the horror genre and a sister network to Syfy) in December 2011 as a part of their Chiller Presents movie series.
This work provides examples of:
- Bury Your Gays: Poor Jensen.
- Daylight Horror: Likely due to the small budget, but the grand majority of the movie happens during the day.
- Elite Zombie: Later in the film, much stronger, faster zombies began to appear.
- Fingore: After Tom is bitten by a zombie, Tori hacks off the finger with an axe before any infection spreads.
- Jerkass: Tori. Her bitchiness(and clinginess to Tom) increases over the course of the film.
- Our Zombies Are Different: The zombies sleep at night and will cannibalize each other if there are no other food options available.
- Sacrificial Lion: Jensen
- Took a Level in Badass: Tori Too bad she had to become a zombie first.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: When Cindy gets injured, Tori tries to tell Tom to leave her behind. What happens when he refuses? She knocks him out with an axe.
- Twenty Minutes with Jerks: The Movie. Plus zombies. The only sympathetic character is Jensen.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Victor. When Cindy says the rest of the soldiers were attacked by a horde of stronger zombies, she states that no one survived, but she doesn't mention Victor specifically.