Something Wicked is a 2014 supernatural Horror movie.
Christine (Shantel VanSanten), is a high school graduate who has just been accepted to Oregon University and is excited both about the prospect of her education, but also the chance to start a family of her own by marrying her boyfriend James (John Robinson), but her plans at put to a halt when an unexpected car crash kills both her parents and leaves her an orphan.
One year later, she's living with her brother Bill (James Patrick Stuart) a police officer and his wife Susan (Brittany Murphy) a psychologist. As her wedding day approaches, Christine thinks she's being stalked while Susan thinks she's just displaying signs of PTSD after the accident.
While it was released in 2014, the movie was filmed in 2009 in Eugene, Oregon, marking the final film appearance of Brittany Murphy, who died of pneumonia and anemia in December 2009.
This film provides examples of:
- Asshole Victim: James is killed by Christine, because he killed her parents when they refused to accept their marriage.
- Benevolent Boss: James's boss on the Mill constantly looks out for him and even offers to get payback on Bill after he punches James.
- BrotherSister Incest: Bill's feeling towards his sister are not just platonic. It's implied she may have been slowly seducing him so she could later frame him.
- Catapult Nightmare: Ryan wakes up from a nightmare like this, scaring his father.
- Downer Ending: Christine gets her revenge on James and Bill gets the blame, and she manages to kill off Susan and Zeal at the end, being the last loose ends.
- Erotic Dream: Ryan has several erotic dreams about Christine.
- Evil All Along: Christine has been driven mad when she learned James killed her parents and gets a lot of people killed in order to get revenge on him.
- Fanservice: The pool sequence, which starts with Christine swimming in a bikini, then a Shower Scene and then her running away from her stalker in just a towel.
- Frame-Up: Christine successfully pins everything on Bill who gets arrested at the end.
- Happily Adopted: Susan is shown to have adopted Zeal at the end of the movie and they're both very happy... until Christine runs them over.
- Henpecked Husband: Christine's dad, who much nicer than his wife, who likes to constantly remind him she's more successful than him because of her education.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Bill is very protective of his little sister. Which she takes advantage off later to get him to kill Ryan.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: Susan and Bill are trying to have a child, but have been unsuccessful. Bill even accuses Susan of being jealous of Christine getting married since she will start a family of her own while they can't.
- Let's Wait a While: Christine is a virgin and made a vow to only have sex with James once they're married.
- Lust Object: Christine to both Ryan and Bill.
- Manipulative Bitch: Christine seduces Ryan into helping her kill James. Then she calls her brother to tell him Ryan killed James and to get him to kill Ryan and then pin everything on Bill.
- Modesty Towel: Christine covers herself with one after she catches someone peeking on her in the shower. After she's attacked by her stalker, she runs back to her house wearing it.
- Ms. Fanservice: Christine, who constantly wears very revealing clothing.
- Parental Marriage Veto: Christine's parents didn't want her to marry so she would focus on her studies. The humiliation is enough to cause him to kill them.
- Peeping Tom: Bill peeks on Christine getting dressing or making out with her boyfriend.
- Police Brutality: A detective mentions Bill has had problems with this before.
- Revenge: Christine wants to kill Ryan for causing the accident that killed her parents.
- Shower Scene: Christine is taking a shower at the college's gym when her stalker first appears.
- The Shrink: Susan's a psychologist and tries to help Christine deal with her issues. Which is how she finds out she's behind everything.
- Split Personality: Christine developed one after the accident, when she learned James deliberately caused it to kill her parents.
- Stalker with a Crush: Ryan and Bill towards Christine. Subverted later with Ryan, as one of her personalities actually seduced him.
- Surprise Car Crash: Ryan's father is killed when a car suddenly runs him over. At the ending both Susan and Zeal get run over by Christine.
- Technical Virgin: Christine is a virgin, but James is still shown going down on her in one scene.
- Toplessness from the Back: Christine during her Shower Scene. Later she's also shown from the back when Bill is watching her get dressed.
- Tragic Keepsake: The cellphone Christine's parents gave to her before their death. Which also contains the video proving James killed her parents.
- Would Hurt a Child: Ryan and Christine use his little sister Zeal in their plot and she runs over her at the end of the movie.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Christine pretends she's a victim and that Ryan is raping her to get Bill to kill him.
- Your Cheating Heart: Bill is sleeping with another woman behind Susan's back.