So Dear To My Heart is one of Walt Disney's earliest Live Action films, combining live action and animation. The story focuses on Jeremiah and his black lamb Danny as he attempts to show Danny at the Pike County Fair.
So Dear To My Heart contains examples of:
- The Owl-Knowing One: The wise old owl, who appears in the film's animated segments, serves as a mentor to Danny the Lamb.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: "Lavender Blue", a 17th-century folk song covered by singer and actor Burl Ives.
- Roger Rabbit Effect: One of the earliest films to use this trope
- Seasonal Baggage: Shows the changing of the seasons in the title song.
- Stock Footage: Shots from Symphony No. 6's 4th movement appear during the animated storm sequence.
- Storybook Opening: Opens in this style with a scrapbook. Presumably Jerimiah's.