A 2016 movie telling a (partially fictionalized) story of the 2010 plane crash in Smolensk, Russia, where the President of Poland Lech Kaczynski and around a hundred of top Polish officials died. Created by a Polish director and screenwriter Antoni Krauze.
Marketed to be a grand political journalist Conspiracy Thriller and a monument to all the theories that have arisen around the catastrophe. Turned out to be a massive flop, with ridiculous acting and bizarre montage (and not the propagandist message) being the most criticized elements of the production.
Due to its nature, the film is a really touchy subject in Poland.
This film provides examples of:
- Character Development: Nina turns from a cold, cynical workaholic into a more likeable character. She also begins to believe in The Conspiracy.
- Cure Your Gays: Apparently believing in The Conspiracy is also capable of making people straight.
- Captain Ersatz: TVMSat is obviously Capitan Ersatz version of TVN and Polsat, especially the first.
- Intrepid Reporter: Beata Fido's character was intended to be this.
- Strawman News Media: The TV corporation Nina works at. They don't care about people's feelings, they only broadcast the tragedy because it boosts their ratings.
- At the beginning, Nina herself.