Silent Rage is a science fiction/horror thriller from 1982, directed by Michael Miller and starring Chuck Norris.
After helping to stop a murderous madman John Kirby (Ron Libby), Sheriff Dan Stevensnote (Norris) is forced to stop him again after he is accidentally turned into an unstoppable killer by experimental science.
Now available as a RiffTrax VOD download.
This film has the examples of:
- All Bikers Are Hells Angels: Stevens must deal with a gang of rowdy bikers before Kirby is revived completely.
- And Call Him "George"!: Charlie tells Stevens about the time when he was little and he had a puppy that got dirty; he gave it a bath in the toilet and put it in the freezer to dry but he accidentally forgot about it and it froze to death.
- Axe Before Entering: Kirby kills his landlady with an axe.
- An Axe to Grind: Kirby axes his way through a door to get his landlady.
- Bar Slide: Stevens does this to one of the bikers.
- Big Bad: John Kirby.
- Breaking the Bonds: Kirby frees himself from his handcuffs after he is captured by the deputies.
- Chain Pain: Used by one of the bikers.
- Chairman of the Brawl: An attempt to stop Kirby's initial rampage is done by breaking a chair on his back. He kills the guy who tried to stop him.
- Destination Defenestration: One deputy is thrown through a car window.
- Kirby falls through a window when Stevens puts few bullets into him.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: John dies on Stevens' arms after he finds him.
- Diner Brawl: Stevens must teach a biker gang some manners in a diner.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Stevens' truck after it crashes before the climax.
- Falling-in-Love Montage: Stevens and Alison. In this case a "Falling back in love in between lovemaking sessions" montage.
- Fanservice: Probably contains the highest concentration of bare breasts in Norris' filmography.
- Flatline: Used when Kirby is killed with a lethal overdose of drugs, only for him shrug it off and kill the perpetrator.
- For Science!: An experimental regenerative formula is used on a dying Kirby for this reason.
- Healing Factor: The experimental formula that is used on Kirby gives him the power of regeneration.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: No backstory is given to Kirby, he just snaps after he tells his doctor on the phone that he "can't take it anymore", and is portrayed as a crazy-person that Stevens must stop for the rest of the film.
- Gilligan Cut: After Alison tells to Stevens that nothing will happen between them ever again, the next cut shows them in bed making love.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: A beer jug is broken on Stevens' head during the Diner Brawl, and two other attempts of attacking him with bottles happen.
- Improvised Weapon: Kirby attacks Stevens with a two-by-four during their initial meeting.
- Man on Fire: Kirby, after he is caught inside an explosion.
- Neck Snap: Kirby kills Dr. Spires with this.
- Peekaboo Corpse: After finding Nancy's corpse, Alison backs away from it to be further frightened by her brother's corpse.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Stevens' partner Charlie.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: One biker tries to leave the Diner Brawl on his bike, but only his bike leaves.
- You Talkin' to Me?: Charlie is shown quoting this on front of a mirror.