Secret Reunion is a 2010 South Korean film starring Song Kang-ho and Kang Dong-won.
After failing to catch a North Korean assassin known as "The Shadow", NIS agent Lee Han-gyoo (Song) is fired, and starts a new life as a Bounty Hunter locating runaway mail-order brides. While investigating, Han-gyoo runs into one of the Shadow's former agents, Song Ji-won (Kang). They immediately recognise each other but they keep each other's identities a secret, and Han-gyoo offers work to Ji-won as his partner. Ji-won doesn't know that Han-gyoo was fired, and Han-gyoo doesn't know that Ji-won doesn't work for the Shadow anymore, and while they try to report each other they become close friends, which causes old tensions to resurface.
Tropes associated with this movie:
- Anti-Villain: Ji-won at the start. He's a powerful and deadly fighter who works for a ruthless assassin, but that assassin is keeping him apart from his family, whom he hasn't seen for seven years.
- Big Bad: The Shadow
- Disney Death: Han-gyoo, and then Ji-won
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Ji-won and Han-gyoo go through a lot to take down the Shadow but they make it through in the end
- Enemy Mine: Ji-won and Han-gyoo secretly know each other's identities and yet they work together.
- Heel–Face Door-Slam: Tae-soon defects and starts contacting Agent Lee, which causes the Shadow to kill him
- Intergenerational Friendship: Ji-won and Han-gyoo's relationship eventually becomes this.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Han-gyoo's impetuousness is what gets him fired at the start.
- Made of Iron: Han-gyoo takes a stab wound and a bullet wound to the middle and is still alive
- Sacrificial Lion: Tae-soon
- Taking You with Me: Shadow tries to do this with Ji-won. However, he only manages to critically injure him.
- Would Hit a Girl: The Shadow kills the mother in law and the wife of a defector from North Korea. He also almost kills his son.