Scream for Help is a 1984 horror film directed by Michael Winner.
A teenager believes her stepfather is trying to murder her mother for her money. All the evidence is there but nobody believes her until it's too late.
Features a music score by John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin fame.
This film provides examples of:
- Asshole Victim: Brenda when she goes to fix the wet fuse box.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Brenda, she is shown to be quite domestic, whilst also badass.Paul: "She's going to make blueberry pancakes, she makes great pancakes."Brenda: "I can make pancakes."Paul: "Kid makes them better."Brenda: "How do you know? You ever eaten my pancakes?"
- Chekhov's Gun: The gas in the bathroom, later comes in useful when Paul is killed.
- Jerkass: Lacey, Brenda and Paul. And to a lesser extent our heroes Christy and Josh, as they have sex straight after Janey, her best friend and his pregnant girlfriend is murdered.
- No Peripheral Vision: Leading to the infamous 'Pancake Scene', Brenda walks right in front of Paul bringing Christy into the kitchen but doesn't appear to notice until Christy is in the kitchen.