A 2010 supernatural thriller / Mind Screw about a group of teenagers menaced by a driverless road train (tractor-trailer with multiple trailers) in the Australian outback.
This movie provides examples of:
- Animal Motif: Some references to Cerberus, the three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hell.
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: While it doesn't drive itself like in Maximum Overdrive the truck still manages to cause the deaths of three people.
- Blood Magic: There's never been any gas in that tank.
- Bookends: The movie starts off with the protagonists being run off the road by the truck and then driving off in it after hearing gunshots and a screaming person running towards them. At the end of the movie the Sole Survivor, having shot her friend, tries to warn a couple that had been run off the road by the group to get away from the truck only for the couple to get in it themselves and drive off.
- Crossing the Desert: The main reason the teenagers steal the big rig truck.
- Demonic Possession: The drivers of the truck undergo a transformation into a killer.
- Haunted Technology: A possessed truck that can control its driver.
- Here We Go Again!: Nina can only watch in horror as a couple gets into the truck and unwittingly dooms themselves to what happened to her and her friends.
- The Power of Blood: Revealed to be what fuels the truck.
- Sentient Vehicle: It's obvious something is forcing people to drive and 'feed' the truck.