Recovery is a 2007 drama film starring David Tennant. He portrays Alan Hamilton, a building manager who undergoes a medical coma following a car accident. Once awoken, Alan is quickly identified as having brain damage with mild amnesia. The film depicts the struggle of his wife's acceptance of her husbands condition, and related limitations, and Alan's struggles to accept himself.
- Fanservice: After eventually managing to take a shower, a proud and naked Alan walks out of the bathroom, and down a corridor to greet his family. We get a rather good shot of his bum.
- Bullying the Disabled: After mixing up the task assigned to him by a client at his engineering firm, Alan ends up sobbing and screaming in the bathroom, while the client chews him out for being "not right in the head" and an "incompetent lunatic".
- Career-Ending Injury: The brain damage makes Alan incapable of doing his job, being chastised during his first attempt.
- Disabled Snarker: While making dinner as a testament to what abilities he does have, Alan quips "I couldn't make dinner before the fucking accident!".
- Mental Health Recovery Arc: Partially subverted, as Alan is never "healed" of his condition, merely accepting it and starting a nice life in a new house despite his handicap.