Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (From Doomsday to Doomsday) is a 1988 Bollywood romantic musical film starring Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla as two young lovers caught in the middle of a Family Feud. It is an unofficial adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.
Dhanraj and Randhir are feuding because Randhirs brother knocked up Dhanrajs sister and refused to marry her, and thereby received the business end of a shotgun from Dhanrajs brother. However Dhanrajs son Raj meets Randhirs daughter Rashmi when both of them get lost in a forest and find their way back together. After keeping their relationship a secret for some time, the two decide to run away and elope. However, Randhir tricks Rashmi with promises of forgiveness and acceptance, but sends a gaggle of thugs to retrieve her and kill Raj. Will they survive?
Tropes found here are
- Driven to Suicide: Raj upon finding a dead Rashmi. Although since hed already been shot, he was a goner anyway.
- Nepotism: The movie was produced by Aamir Khans father with a script written by his uncle.
- Overzealous Underling: The thug was sent to kidnap Rashmi, but ended up killing her. And not even by accident.
- Parental Marriage Veto: From both sides
- Shotgun Wedding: What Dhanraj wanted Randhirs brother to engage in. His refusal to do so, meant that he met the business end of a shotgun instead.
- Together in Death: Raj and Rashmi eventually.