A dangerous cargo containing a genetically engineered super-python is lost amid a plane crash, as it proceeds to rampage through a California town.
This film provides examples of:
- Cock Fight: The main character John and the sheriff's deputy Greg both have or had a relationship with the same girl (currently and formerly, respectively). However, when the giant snake starts rampaging through town and John is implicated for the strange deaths, rather than abusing his power to be a dick, Greg agrees to settle matters mano a mano, and is a Reasonable Authority Figure who believes that John is innocent.
- Innocent Innuendo: A stereotypically bombastic real estate guy takes a rich Dumb Blonde on a tour through a big house. When the scene cuts back to them, she's commenting off-screen on how huge and impossible it'll be for her to swallow. Of course, they're talking about the property's value.
- Living Motion Detector: The giant snake uses motion-based vision. On one occasion, the Mad Scientist who created it and the guy running the black ops are both face to face with it. The scientist stays still and survives, while the team leader gets impaled after trying to draw his gun.
- Noisy Nature: The snake roars a lot, using recycled sound FX from Anaconda.
- Scary Animal Title: Python
- Snakes Are Sinister: The giant python in this film is particularly sadistic, repeatedly toying with its prey before killing them. Once again, we have science to thank.
- Terror at Make-Out Point: The python's first set of victims is a lesbian-bisexual couple who were out "camping". In fact, the latter was apparently the town bicycle.
- Too Dumb to Live: The reason the giant python escapes in the first place is because the people who designed it apparently decided to transport it in a puny wooden cargo crate inside a cargo plane, staffed only by two crew members who were kept completely in the dark.
- Wimp Fight: John and Greg's Cock Fight starts out with proper fisticuffs, but quickly descends into hair-pulling territory, even continuing onto a playground. They eventually just stop when they realize how ridiculous they look and become friends.