"When they ran for student council... they didn't know... they'd be running for their lives."
President's Day is a 2010 American comedic Slasher Movie. It concerns a Serial Killer dressed as Abraham Lincoln slashing his way through a school during its student council elections.
This film contains examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Chelsea is a walking stereotype of the trope. Blonde, skinny, white, always wears pastels, has two Beta Bitches always helping her. She's even the perennial Student Council President, to the point of threatening people who compete against her.
- Amateur Sleuth: Barry, The Hero of the film, does his own investigation to assist his friend, the school police officer.
- Ax-Crazy: The killer alias Leonard Wright. His main weapon is an axe and obviously is a murderous madman.
- Big Bad: Leonard Wright is the killer.
- Bury Your Disabled: The wheelchair-bound girl doesn't even survive ten minutes.
- Character Tics:
- The killer licks his lips when he kills, as an indication that he's a raging Sadist.
- The principal of the school plays guitar for no apparent reason.
- Chekhov's Gun: Mr. Wright's false teeth are what end up revealing that he's the killer, since the body he used to fake his death was identified via dental records.
- Crime of Self-Defense: Barry's love interest Joanna transferred to the school because she was arrested for assaulting a teacher who sexually harassed her.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Literally the second line in the movie is a guy saying he "jerked off" to a postcard his girlfriend sent him while she was away.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Averted horrifically. Mr. Wright had a dog whom he pretended to love and talked about every day, until he needed to fake his death to deflect suspicions. Then he gutted the pup without hesitation.
- Everyone Has Standards: Even an hateful Alpha Bitch like Chelsea finds disgusting the fact that Mr Wright killed innocent people just for a sick obsession over her and even sets Joanna free when Mr Wright offers her to kill her.
- Event Title
- Fanservice: There's a couple topless and underwear scenes over the course of the film, one of them not even a minute in.
- Frame-Up: The killer tries to frame the school's cop for his crimes by leaving notes signed with his name in the lockers of his victims. He later gives up on that and frames the science teacher, killing him and making it look like a suicide.
- Karma Houdini: Nothing happens to the teacher who sexually harassed Joanna and had her arrested when she fought back. He's a backstory character and never even shows up in the film proper.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: President's Day.
- Shout-Out: A poster for Rock 'n' Roll Frankenstein is seen in Barry's bedroom, along with a couple pornographic horror films.
- Teacher/Student Romance: A teacher and a student are having an affair. The killer offs them both.
- Villain Opening Scene: The killer breaking into a house and killing a couple inside.
- Yandere: Mr. Wright did his killings because he was obsessed with Chelsea, and wanted to make absolutely sure that she won the election.