Roberto Benigni would later be hired to portray Geppetto in Matteo Garrone's 2019 Pinocchio film.
- Adapted Out: Maestro Antonio was cut from the film and instead Geppetto finds the piece of wood first.
- Composite Character: The Talking Cricket was a fusion of some animals Pinocchio found in the book.
- Compressed Adaptation: Pinocchio being trapped on the farm is not his own badass moment, but a problem for dropping school again.
- Large Ham: Kevin James in the dub. And how!
- Living Shadow: The final scene has the real boy Pinocchio going to school but his shadow doesn't follow and runs off to have fun.
- Lost in Imitation: The Cricket is prominent like in the Disney version and the animals are disguised humans like Luigi Comencini's version.
- People Puppets: What the puppet show seems to imply: the "puppets" are self-aware and live in fear of the puppeteer.
- Those Two Bad Guys: The Fox and The Cat.
- Vocal Dissonance: Pretty much everyone in the English dub, most notably Breckin Meyer, Topher Grace and James Belushi.