Walking with Dinosaurs is a machinima series created by Past Eons Productions. By the title alone, this is heavily influenced by the well-acclaimed documentary, Walking with Dinosaurs. All animation that has been used is from Jurassic World: Evolution with characters models being modded to better fit the narrative and tone of the series.
Episodes that premiered are:
- Chapter 1: Dawn of Titans
- Chapter 2: Hostile Lands of Asia
- Chapter 3: Clash of Dynasties
To watch, click on this link.
The series contains the following tropes:
- Albinos Are Freaks: There is a albino male among the Bagualosaurus herd but unfortunately for him, the females prefer more vibrant colors.
- Always a Bigger Fish: The poor Sinraptor find out the hard way once it crosses the Yangchuanosaurus's path.
- Anti-Climax: Justified. Just as the Tyrannosaur and Triceratops were about to engage each other in combat, lightning strikes at their site, knocking the former out but surprisingly, she is unharmed while the Trike flees in terror.
- Bigger Is Better: The sauropods.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The surviving Buriolestes take refuge within a large herd of Bagualosaurus.
- Cock Fight: Male Dinos like Gigantspinosaurs would clash with one another in order to gain the loyalty of the females.
- Death World: In episode 2, the volcano erupts and turns the lush forests of Asia into an inhospitable wasteland.
- Dinosaurs Are Dragons: The Guanlong and Yinlong. Both of them having "long" in the name which means "dragon" in Mandarin.
- Eats Babies: The Herrerasaurus waste no time in making a meal out of the juvenile Buriolestes. The Narrator even states how harsh a scene that is.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: The Yangchuanosaurus were the apex predators of ancient Asia's lands until the volcano wiped them all out. Now, their carcasses will become the food source for the smaller predators.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The lead Diabloceratops gored the female Lythronax, leaving her to die from blood loss.
- Mythology Gag:
- The dead sauropod at the beginning of Episode 1 mirrors that of the Ornithocheirus from Episode 4, "Giant of the Skies".
- The opening scene when the Diplodocus are introduced can be considered a direct remake of Episode 2, "Time of Titans", right down to having the episode's signature music.
- Nature Documentary: Like its namesake, the series follows the lives of the ancient dinosaurs.
- Nice Day, Deadly Night: Predators would rather hunt during the night as their prey would have poor eyesight to navigate through the darkness.
- Ptero Soarer: Geosternbergia from Utah.
- Superior Successor: Episodes like "Dawn of Titans" and "Clash of Dynasties", especially the latter episode where the tyrannosaurids and ceratopsians adapted and evolved over the centuries to overcome one another.