Now You See Him, Now You Don't is a 1972 comedy film released by Walt Disney Productions, and the sequel to The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1969). It is the second film in the Dexter Riley trilogy starring Kurt Russell, followed afterwards by The Strongest Man in the World (1975).
Dexter Riley, along with fellow science majors Schuyler and Debbie, concocts an invisibility spray. But when a gang of thieves find out about it and plan to steal it, it's up to Dexter and friends to stop him. The gang, headed by A.J. Arno, want the formula to use in a bank robbery. Meanwhile, Dexter employs the spray at a golf tournament, much to the surprise of apoplectic college Dean, Higgins.
Now You See Him, Now You Don't provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Just like in the first film, A.J. Arno once again mispronounces Dexter's name, calling him Hector this time.
- Agony of the Feet: When a guard at A.J. Arno's office discover's Schuyler's visible shoes and tries to pick them up, he then steps on Schuyler's feet, which prompts Schuyler to kick the guard in the leg.
- Bandage Mummy: Happens to Druffle after an accident with the bumblebees he was using for his experiment. To add insult to injury, Druffle is actually allergic to bee stings.
- Bee Afraid: Apparently, Druffle was on the receiving end of this trope.
- Cassandra Truth: When Dexter and Schuyler try warning the bank president and the police about A.J. Arno being invisible to rob the bank, both the bank president and the police do not believe them, until the theft has been committed.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Pete and Annie from the first film are completely absent in this film.
- Epic Fail: Higgins' golf playing at the professional tournament is anything but smooth sailing.
- Fainting: Dean Higgins does this near the end, after discovering that he got turned invisible when he looks in the mirror.
- Fingore: Subverted, as while Dexter's hand looks like it's missing half its fingers, they're actually just invisible.
- Invisibility: Enough said.
- Pop the Tires: Happens to Schuyler's car when a gunshot from A.J. Arno blasts one of the tires.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Higgins screams this way after discovering that he got turned invisible.
- This Is What the Building Will Look Like: Dexter and Schuyler discover the model of Medfield College, which Arno plans to turn into a gambling town.