Notorious is a 2009 Biopic about the life and death of Brooklyn rapper Christopher Wallace, aka The Notorious B.I.G., starring fellow Brooklynite and rapper Jamal "Gravy" Woolard as Big Poppa himself. The film also stars Derek Luke as Sean Combs, Angela Bassett as Voletta Wallace; Biggie's mother, Antonique Smith as Faith Evans, Naturi Naughton as Lil Kim, and Anthony Mackie as Tupac Shakur.
Woolard would later reprise his role as Biggie in the Tupac biopic All Eyez on Me, eight years later.
I love it when you call me big Troper!:
- The '70s: Biggies childhood.
- The '80s: Biggies teenage years.
- The '90s: Biggies music career.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Violeta does this with Biggie.
- Badass Boast: The song Hit Em Up by Tupac is considered this.
- Biopic: The film as a whole received mixed to positive reviews, but Jamal Woolward's performance was praised by nearly all who saw it.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Biggie has potential to be good in school, but he skipped classes because he would rather pursued a rap career.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Biggie understandably hates it when his mother calls him Chrissy Poo.
- Fat Bastard: Biggie eventually becomes this.
- Get Out!: Twice in this film.
- The teacher tells Biggie to get out of his classroom after Biggie compares his salary to a salary of a garbage man.
- Biggie's mother also tells Biggie to get out of her house after Biggie is revealed to be selling drugs.
- Good Parents: Biggies mother was a loving mother towards her only son. Biggie himself zig-zags this trope with his daughter he had with Jan. Hes accused of being a deadbeat, but he did love his daughter.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Lil Kim and Biggie was this until the latter married Faith.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Biggie resorts to drug dealing to support his babys mother, Jan and his daughter.
- Killed Off for Real: Tupac and Biggie both get shot and killed.
- Misplaced Retribution: Tupac blames Biggie for being set up to be robbed and shot at Quad Studios.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Faith beats the everloving crap out of the mistress she caught Biggie cheating on her with.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: While he started off as a decent guy, Biggie starts doing questionable things (beating Lil Kim and his wife Faith) in the climax of the film.
- We Used to Be Friends: Biggie and Tupac eventually become this, as this was the apparent cause of both of their deaths.
- Would Hit a Girl: Biggie attacks Faith after he accuses her of sleeping with Tupac.