Not Safe For Work is a 2014 suspense film, starring Max Minghella as Nice Guy Tom, a paralegal who finds himself trapped at the office after-hours with a Professional Killer (JJ Feild) on a mission, willing to kill anyone who stands in his way. Tom has to find a way to rescue his coworkers and escape, but the office's security features prevent easy exit from the office.
Not Safe For Work provides examples of:
- Amoral Attorney: Emmerich and Tom's boss.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: The Killer is impeccably dressed, which is part of what makes his cover story as being with building maintenance so shaky.
- Bad Liar: The Killer's excuse to Janine that he is a contractor with building maintenance.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Tom
- Crusading Lawyer: What Tom aspires to be - though he's a paralegal, not a lawyer.
- Implacable Man: The Killer has shades of this - when he's locked out by the key card system, he matter-of-factly turns and finds a fire axe to chop down the door and continue chasing Tom.
- Nice Guy: Tom suggests adding heart attack victims to a lawsuit being brought by stroke victims, and is shot down by his boss because the first group will not be profitable enough for the firm. He also insists on trying to rescue Emmerich from the killer rather than escaping with Roger.