Diablo, the leader of a motorcycle gang, is convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of a young woman. He defiantly snaps at the victim's sister that he's innocent and he'll be back for revenge.
A year after the execution, murders start happening in the middle of Spring Break festivities, and they all involve the victim being electrocuted, just like a certain gang leader.
This work contains examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Besides the hotel voyeur, Ronnie is the most obvious example.
- Asshole Victim: The guy using a peephole to watch Gail and other guests change clothes.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The killer attaches a live wire to the antenna of Trina's headphones, slowly cooking her. Another victim gets a live wire shoved down her throat.
- Fanservice: It's Spring Break. Shirtless dudes and wet tee contests abound.
- Grave Robbing: Diablo's body goes missing just before the murders start.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The killer's own specially modified motorcycle does him in when it crashes and electrocutes him like his victims.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: All of the murders are set during Spring Break week in Florida.
- Malevolent Masked Men: The killer spends most of the movie in a mirrored motorcycle helmet to hide his identity. Trina, the girlfriend of Diablo, is the first to realize it's not him, not that this does her any good.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: The police try to keep the murders out of the news to keep panic down. Once the bodies start showing up in public places, they're out of luck.
- Rabid Cop: Strycher, played by slasher veteran John Saxon, cements himself as a real asshole in his very first scene by cheerily describing Diablo's execution as "like roasting a turkey."
- Shoo Out the Clowns: Ronnie going missing is what gets the main characters involved in the murders.
- Sinister Minister: The real killer is a local Reverend, railing against the "debauchery" of Spring Break.
- Slasher Movie: Made as such, though most of the victims are getting zapped instead of slashed.
- Weaponized Car: Well, motorcycle. The killer has one that has an electric chair built in.