Lord Gregoire is a Knight Templar who just won a glorious battle. Unfortunately, that is the night his contemporaries elect to betray and murder him for immortality. Gregoire vows that he will return in ten lifetimes and claim them all. Now, in the modern day, Gregoire has possessed a descendant to slaughter the reincarnations of his nemeses.
This film contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender Identity: It's unclear whether or not Shauna the cook is a cross-dresser or a trans woman. The characters use both he/him and she/her pronouns.
- Asshole Victim: Aside from the fact that all of Gregoire's victims murdered him, his first victim is a Rich Bitch who spends the majority of her screentime badmouthing the lower classes. Significantly later, he kills an obnoxious horndog who just before his death stooped to Attempted Rape.
- Big Bad: Lord Renault, the Sinister Minister who masterminded Gregoire's slaying.
- Depraved Bisexual: Lord Renault, the immortal mastermind of Gregoire's murder, mentions that he enjoys being a priest because he can have his way with the nuns and the altar boys.
- Event Title
- Historical Badass Upgrade: The Knights Templar are described as the greatest religious warriors in history, when in real life they were mostly bankers.
- Historical Hero Upgrade: The Crusaders are treated like heroic defenders of Christendom from the Turkish invaders, with no mention made of their genocidal methods.
- Karma Houdini: The men who actually killed Gregoire get off scot free, dying peacefully long before he comes back for revenge. Except for Lord Renault, who actually gained immortality until being killed by Gregoire in the end.
- Ms. Fanservice: Selene is a literal prostitute who wears skimpy clothing and gets a lengthy scene where she dances in her underwear.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: These are vengeful spirits who possess their descendants to settle Unfinished Business.
- Paedophile Priest: Lord Renault mentions molesting the altar boys when he masquerades as a priest.
- Reincarnation: Gregoire's killers reincarnate into new bodies to fulfill the "ten lifetimes of excess" part of Gregoire's curse.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: A knight returns from the grave to kill the reincarnated souls of his murderers.
- The Sociopath: Lord Renault, who murders his commander in a Deal with the Devil for immortality, then proceeds to rape and murder anybody he pleases for ten lifetimes.
- The X of Y